Chapter 1 - Out on The Streets

"This is it, Alwyn. Whatever we've been through, they certainly lead us to this moment. Remember what you've learned from when you started out on the Wangan to the last race and you'll be fine, just don't smash this car up." The English crew chief said to the driver of the yellow Lister Storm parked at the starting grid of Anglesey Circuit where a special event is to be held before the end of the Japanese Super GT500 season. On the grid, over a dozen Japanese racing drivers prepare for the final race of the season. The one who stood out from the roster was Alwyn Maddock, a Welsh racing driver who started out from illegal street racing on the Wangan motorway in Japan. "Just make sure you get the camera ready in the end, this'll be a cakewalk to remember." Alwyn said as he adjusts his helmet which had a custom audio system built in for his tunes, "Don't even get carried away, the season's gonna end here for a reason." the chief said moments before walking away, hoping that this is gonna go right. As the other drivers were left at the grid for the race to begin, all the cars that were lined up in two columns began to rev their engines. Within seconds, the red lights begin to light up one by one and then, the green lights signalling the cars to be launched forward.

Now i know what you're thinking, why here? no need to worry, this is only the beginning of the story.

It began on a cold night at the Shuto Expressway, very little traffic flowed through the massively wide roads that were kept famous in Japan's motoring world by the roaring engines of tuned up sports cars racing by the civilians that were just on their way to wherever they intend to go at night. Rolling along the motorway was a matte grey Kenmeri Skyline powered by an RB26DETT engine taken from a powerful variant of it's descendant, the R34. Inside was Alwyn himself holding the car steady as he listened to what sounds like an aesthetic tune from the 1980's, the Japanese City Pop genre served as a fuel for the young Welshman's motivation since the day he bought a record player along with a bundle of old Japanese vinyl records from a music shop in Cardiff. As the music continued playing on the banging Alpine stereo, Alwyn continued to roll along the Wangan in his '73 Skyline, hoping that he's able to find a challenger. An hour and a half passes, there was no sign of action at least until he finds what seemed to be a four-door sedan with a custom spoiler mounted on the boot of the vehicle. It's a Mitsubishi as Alwyn thought, specifically an Evo X with aftermarket parts. Knowing that it's the kind of vehicle that can be used for racing, he flashed his car's lights at the other, proposing to race it out on the motorway. Once the Skyline and the Evo lined up, Alwyn puts his car in gear and sent it racing at 300 kilometers per hour or even more. The opposing driver was in fact surprised, seeing that such a car from the 70's can break off at such a high speed. That other driver then puts the Mitsubishi in gear and began to give chase to the Skyline, the two then battled it out on speed and power as both cars would weave through the little traffic and zoom away at high speed. The Kenmeri Skyline had a Nismo-powered RB26DETT engine with dual turbochargers, putting it at a slight advantage against the Evo which was tuned to professional track specifications, almost like a proper race car. The race would then go on as they continued on from Daikoku to Saitama, pushing the cars to their limits as they endure a long distance battle for who outruns who. After a long drive across the city on the motorway, Alwyn and his trusty Kenmeri came out on top. The two drivers then got off the Wangan and drove to a nearby shop and decided to have a chat, "You're pretty good, i'll give you that." the young Japanese man said to the Welshman as they stepped out of their respective vehicles with a weak smile. "Well you're not bad yourself either" Alwyn said in response, "I would've took you on from behind easily if it weren't for the wind..." the young man said before deciding to introduce himself, "Ichiro Yoshida". "Alwyn Maddock...pleasure to meet you, Ichiro." The Welshman introduced himself in return as they shook hands. "You're British?" Ichiro asked in curiosity, "Welsh, i thought i'd the first from that part of Britain to take on the Wangan" Alwyn replied. "Well with a car with that much power under the bonnet, i can tell that you'd already do that and get bored." Ichiro said to him, "And what exactly makes you say that?" Alwyn asked, "Well you don't look like you'd have anything to do during the day, other doing work on other people's cars for a living." Ichiro answered. "...Now that i think about it, it is kinda true." Alwyn replied, "You know if you can take suggestions, i'm going down to audition for the Donington Japan Sunday Cup at Tsukuba." Ichiro said to the Welshman. The Donington Japan Sunday Cup is a junior racing series run by a British motorsport team looking for a driver for the JGTC, it goes on for only a week and a half. "Sounds interesting, i actually live close by to Tsukuba." Alwyn replied, taking an interest in the series. "The Sunday Cup goes on for three rounds, Tsukuba, streets of Hiroshima and Shibuya. The top two gets to join the big leagues, they're looking for guys with a lot of mechanic and driving skills so they're setting no restrictions" Ichiro explains the event to Alwyn, "That's one thing i'm looking forward to..." the Welshman mumbled. "If you want in on it, you better be ready for it. Auditions will be this Saturday, Tsukuba circuit." Ichiro said to him, "I will see you there." Alwyn replied, knowing he's got serious competition coming up on the weekend. The two eventually split up, preparing their cars for the audition at Tsukuba.