You pull away abruptly when you hear the drawer open, your eyes opening as you try to avert your gaze to the drawer but with the hand that was still on your cheek, he pushes your face back so you were facing him again. "What're you-"

He kisses you once again, hand rustling through the drawer and your eyebrows raising in confusion at first before you give into the kiss, lips moulding into his perfectly. You can hear the rustling and feel him moving slightly but don't pull away, you remain as close to him as possible.

Tom feels it suddenly, the cool silver hits the tip of his fingers and he lets out a breath, a layer of sweat sitting on his palms when he lets it roll around in the palm of his hand and he takes it out of the drawer, not thinking twice before he gently takes your left hand, rolling the cold band easily slides onto your finger and you rip your lips away from his.

You felt the ring the second it hit the tip of your finger and when he began to slid it on, you felt your heartbeat pick up. It was heavy, but not too heavy.

His cheeks heat up, staring at you in wonder as he watches you eye the band.

"Tom, what's this?" Your stare at the ring, lifting your hand until it hits the ray of sun shining through the blinds and the diamond gleams, sparkling under the light.

"It's- It's a way of me trying to show you that I care about you and that I'm serious about this-, about us" It was true, every word. "I should've done it sooner."

Tears well up in your eyes and you have to cover your mouth with your ringless hand to stop the squeal that so badly wanted to escape your lips.

The ring confirmed your marriage, it showed that no, Tom wasn't at all embarrassed or ashamed of you but instead he wanted to flaunt you, to show you off to others.

"It's so beautiful" You sniffle, it was everything and more. "You didn't have to"

"I wanted to, you're my girl and now others know it too" He grins ear to ear, placing another brief kiss on your lips. "My girl"

"Thank you" You wrap your arms around his neck, moving so you were chest to chest with him and god, it was such an intimate moment and he adored every second of it, falling more and more head over heels for you by the minute.

Tom was afraid of rejection, always had been. It was a fear he didn't speak much of or bring up at all but he couldn't believe he was afraid that you'd reject him. To get up and walk out leaving the expensive band sitting on the desk but here you wore wearing it with pride and tears in your eyes.

"You, my dear, are everything"

"I had a feeling he'd do it today" Haz smirked, holding your hand and eyeing the ring he'd found sitting in Toms office desk a few days ago. "He was practically shitting himself this morning"

You laugh, taking another look at it yourself and feeling your heart flutter lightly. His sign of love was large and exceeded any of your expectations.

While you still didn't exactly feel ready for marriage, you felt lucky that you were in it with someone like Tom who at the start may've been hard and noncompliant but now, saw you as an actual princess.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Harrison smiled widely, but a bad feeling was still looming over his shoulders. "Holland has good taste."

Your phone buzzed from the coffee table and you ignored it, focusing on your ring and the game of monopoly that sat in front of you.

"Aren't you going to check that?"

You shake your head and smirk. "It's your turn, Osterfield. You've got a bit of catching up to do"

"It's on, Holland"