Chapter Sixteen: No Modesty

Start from the beginning

"Nate," Donovan said before he could walk off.

"Yeah Boss?"

"Make sure she's alright." He said and without saying her name we both knew he meant Hannah. Nate nodded his head once then made his way to the Cadillac as well.

Now it was just us again. I didn't know where we were going this morning but I was sure that I had run out of chances with this man. He was probably going to take me to some distant forest to shoot me dead. It was understandable. I was more trouble than not and running into the lake had set off alarms that could have given away the entire hiding initiative. My death was well overdue.

"How do you feel?" Donovan asked. 

It caught me off guard and it took me a moment to respond because I figured he'd been talking to Phil. However, he looked at me, awaiting a reply.

"Uh-I feel okay." I said in almost a whisper.

"I'm taking you to a doctor."

"Why?"

"Apparently you have bruises. And-" he touched my hand and turned it. I winced at the pain and for the first time I noticed bandages wrapped around my hand where the glass from the window must've cut me.

"I didn't notice." I looked at his hand on mine and took a deep breath. He followed my gaze then removed his touch.

"You bruise easily don't you?"

"I seem to always find myself in situations where I'm susceptible to them." I sighed, thinking of Greene.

"I should've killed him sooner." Donovan said as if reading my mind. I was going to respond but I noticed him remove his phone from his pocket to answer a call.

 • • • • • •

The doctor didn't do much since there wasn't much he could do. He simply asked where I'd gotten my bruises and cuts from to which I lied and stated that I fell down a flight of stairs and broke a glass vase on my way down. It was an absurd lie, and I was sure that I didn't even need to lie given the fact that Donovan wasn't concerned with me saying anything. But the doctor had other patients to tend to so I doubted that he was too concerned with my situation.

Luckily, stitches weren't necessary. Ointment was applied to my cuts after they were cleaned with alcohol and then my hands were bandaged.

"Have an Advil if you start feeling pain." He advised, handing me an individual packet. "Other than that, you're free to leave after you're dressed. I'll let Donovan know." This was another of Donovan's hired professional criminals at an office thirty minutes from the lake house.

When the doctor stepped out, I moved off of the bench and shrugged out of the hospital gown, pulling my jeans on first.

There was a knock on the door and I turned slightly before saying,
"Come in." The door opened slightly and I peered over my shoulder to see Donovan. "Sorry, am I taking too long?" I reached for my bra.

"No, the doctor said you called for me." He turned away.

"I didn't." I looked in his direction and almost laughed at his effort to protect my modesty. There was no modesty at Lush. We got naked as a unit and there were a number of times when men walked in on our topless forms.

"Why're you laughing?" He glanced over his shoulder. I caught myself in mid chuckle then flushed red.

"Oh sorry." I turned away again, embarrassed by letting my guard down.

"No, tell me." He said in almost a whisper. I felt him nearing my body and a shiver ran down my spine. His steps were calculated and before I was able to hoist my bra strap over my shoulder, I felt his hand touch my back. My breath quickened and my heart raced.

"Calm down Rosemary." He said, his tall stature hovered over me. His words were said in a tender tone and his hand traveled upward to my shoulder and he pulled at the bra strap, spinning me to face him. I gasped as I stared up at his face. Green eyes studied my features as I continued to breathe unsteadily.

Then he did something that truly caught me off guard, he lifted me and put me on the bench, reaching behind to unclasp bra.

"I want-"

He quieted me with a gentle "shhh" which I found useful since I needed to be told what to do. My body was heating up and I could feel a wet spot form between my legs as Donovan wrapped his hands around my neck and brought me to his lips.

It was the type of good that was so wrong but felt right. My body gradually relaxed at the warm touch of his lips on mine and I almost fell back from the sheer ecstasy coursing through my body.

Just as my body furthered into an erotic state, Donovan moved his lips down my neck and stopped right at my nipple. He looked up at me before flicking his tongue.

"Oh my God!" I moaned. He did it again and it sent me upward as he sucked gently on my nipple. It was exhilarating and I let my finger weave through his blonde hair to show my appreciation further.

"Rosemary." He said.

"Mmmmm" I moaned in reply.

"Rosemary!" He repeated louder and in that moment I leapt into the air and opened my eyes.

I was in the doctors office with only my jeans on. I turned around but Donovan wasn't there. What the hell had I been daydreaming about?

"Rosemary!" I heard him outside of the door, more frustration in his voice as he knocked.

It had been a dream. A lusty, suppressed dream that pitifully displayed a feeling of want. How could I think of him like that? He wasn't here to please me. He'd done it once as a power play but what was I thinking.

I threw on my shirt then swung the door open. My forehead was glistening with sweat and my cheeks were rosy from embarrassment. Donovan stood outside the door with a cocked eyebrow.

"Why did that take so long?" Our eyes met and I swallowed a hard gulp.

"I uh-got-distracted."