He ran a hand through his hair with his free hand and you noticed that he had curls, small curls but still curls. Tom wasn't overly tall, there were definitely people out there that looked more intimidating than him but that didn't make you doubt the power he held.

"I can leave, just let me-, let me leave" You still felt fearful talking to the mobster, he'd been nothing but cold and partially flirty so far and it was only clear that you were just another person living under his roof.

"But you-," he pulled you closer. "You're allowed in here as much as you want as long as you're wearing that"

Your face reddened, though you felt slightly tempted to reach over and smack Tom in the face but decided that smacking the most powerful man in London wasn't the best idea.

"Do you think I'll hurt you, poppet?" His voice was raspy and gently, he let go of your arm. You didn't answer, didn't nod or shake your head, in fact, you just stared at him and Tom sighed. "I don't hurt girls, especially one that's now my wife. I may be harsh, but I won't raise my hand."

Tom was being honest, never could he imagine hurting a woman, especially you. Not only because he had a duty to look over you now, but because, well, you were his wife. He didn't have to love you but you still have the title as his one to to have and to hold. And Tom couldn't help but at least be attracted to you.

"I've known you for not even twenty-four hours and this is the first time you've spoke to me since I signed that paper, how can I trust you?" You glared.

"There's that fierceness I saw much too little of yesterday. We're going to be spending a lot of time together, may as well trust me." He walked towards the door, opening it widely. "Now I suggest you leave, I have someone coming in here in ten and it might get a little... messy"

"What do you mean?" You weren't clueless, though you doubted that Tom would actually do anything to mess up his office which to put it simply, looked pristine.

"You know exactly what I mean, now c'mon" He ushered you out of the room, popping a piece of peppermint gum into his mouth which overcame the stench of cigarettes.

"Where am I going to go? I don't know how to get back to my room" Undoubtedly, you were probably stepping on thin ice. Tom wasn't use to people snapping back at him, or at least people he'd only know for a day but he wasn't complaining.

"Sweetheart, this place is yours as much as it is mine, go explore" He practically pushed you towards the door, but it was then that it clicked that the two of you were married now, you had power here even if it wasn't what you wanted. The word practically made you shiver, nausea filled your stomach but you quickly pushed it aside.

"What if I don't want to go? We are married now aren't we, why do you have to hide things from me?" Now you were pushing it, you knew it as well as he did.

Tom grit his teeth, covering his frustration with a small laugh. "I hope you know what game you're playing at. Now c'mon, or I'll have to get my men to remove you and they're not as nice as me. There's a hallway down the hall, go explore."

He watched you turn and leave, a small, cocky smile tugging at his lips when you kept a hand on the shorts to prevent them from riding up.

If he was going to play that game, then you'd play yours. You know what they say, fight fire with fire? Well, your flames were about to show.

"They're not willing to pay, I've told you twice" The man spat, puffing his chest out.

There was a low humming coming from down the hall, though Tom ignored it for a second.

"I suggest you take a seat and watch who you're talking too" He lowered his head, quitting the tough act and taking a seat opposite Tom. The man definitely towered over Tom, but it was obvious who had the most power in this situation. "Now, I want you to sort this situation out before I have to sort it out because believe me, it won't be pretty"