08.) a little bit of joy

Start from the beginning

    Next was Lunar, who sang 'What's This?' and 'Dracula' which honestly didn't surprise me in the least.

     Last was Draco, who sang to 'Something Just Like This' and 'Superhero' which he said we're his top ten favorite songs.

    Though let's be honest, that boy listens to so much music he'll probably have a new top ten favorite songs by the end of this week.

      All throughout the time, we were all recording each other. Rewatching the videos made us laugh and cringe so much.

    I mean, imagine watching a video of you and your friends one by one sing while standing on a coffee table using an empty vase as a substitute microphone.

"We're such weirdos!" I laughed, jumping on the couch. They all joined me until it eventually turned into a large pillow fight.

I was knocked off the couch and tumbled onto the floor, landing upside down whilst leaning against the chair.

    "Oh you're SO gonna get it for that!" I exclaimed, springing to my feet and bouncing towards them with my pillow ready.

• K Y R A N •

      We were walking back to the dorms when I figured I'd call Funneh and tell her what happened. I'm sure she'd want to know. However, after a few attempts, she still didn't answer.

     We kept walking but we weren't really talking. Just enjoying the sweet sound of silence. Or rather, the silence of us not speaking. The world around us was still awake and filled with noises.

We got to a fork in the road and Evan said his home was on the other street, not the one we were going down. We said goodbye and he parted his way.

"Maybe we should try calling her again," Aly suggested as she stopped walking down the sidewalk with us.

"It has been a little while. Maybe she is available now." I pulled out my phone and started to shuffle through the contacts.

"You think?"

     "Who knows? Well I'm gonna call her again anyway," I said, finally finding her contact, "it's worth a shot." I hit her contact and it dialed her number, the vibrating noise filling my right ear.

     The vibrating stopped and then the familiar voice answered, "Hello?"

     "See? She did answer!" Aly announced in triumph, sticking her tongue out at Alec, who didn't do anything but sigh.

   I put the call on speaker so that not only me, but Aly and Alec could hear too.

"What's up?" She asked, some static coming from her side for a second or two. Then all of a sudden she screamed, and a lot more static filled the call before she yelled something incoherent and a few more voices were heard in the background.

"Snooze and you lose!" A girl calls out laughing. Another small scream is heard before you could hear Gold laughing, which was then followed by two more voices talking at the same time.

More static fills the call for a few more seconds before the background falls silent, and the only noises sound like crickets outside.

"Okay, sorry about that. Just some... turbulence? Anyway, you were saying?" She brushed off the entire noise thing and just sounded like it never happened.

With a little skepticism in my voice, I started to explain to her about everything that we found. Aly would pipe in every now and then but Alec stayed silent.

• F U N N E H •

I swung my pillow at Lunar, who was the culprit of the massive hit that pushed me off my feet. She yelped and launches off of the chair she was on.

      Instead, the swing hit Gold, who shrieked in pain and surprise. Luckily for her, she fell backward onto the comfort of the couch.

     I let out a gasp and a laugh, followed by Rainbow laughing at the ordeal. Lunar jumped up and ran, leaping at the closest person to her.

      Then my phone started to vibrate and shook against the table that it was resting on. It lit up with life and I dropped my pillow to reach over and pick it up.

      It's a call from Kyran. I answered it and held it up to my ear. I'm still standing on the couch when I actually asked, "Hello?"

      I hear someone in the background cheer but I didn't know what about or why. "What's up?" I asked, walking to one side of the couch.

      Then I screamed as Gold flung her pillow at me, hitting me dead on in my face. I tumbled backwards and over the back of the couch.

"Ouch! What the heck!"

     Gold started to laugh in triumph after getting me back for the smack that I gave her earlier with my pillow. All of the Krew laughed in surprise.

     "Snooze and you lose!" Gold giggled, followed by my own turn for laughing before I actually got up and rushed outside.

     It was colder outside now, and the clouds were drizzling with rain. It felt calm and peaceful, just the way cloudy days should feel when it isn't storming.

    "Okay, sorry about that. Just some... turbulence? Anyway, you were saying?" I asked, standing underneath a large tree that was planted in front of my house. It provided shelter from the drizzle.

     Kyran started to explain everything that they found and discovered, about how Evelyn's house is wrecked and they didn't know where she was. And even how they found a demented book.

     It sent shivers down my spine. The grass wrinkled underneath the touch of my barefoot feet, feeling colder now to add to the mysterious feeling. Small raindrops landed on my head and body from the tree.

      "Funneh, the others say to come inside. The rain is starting to pour harder," Draco shuffled out of the front doors. "Okay, I will. Let me just finish this call." And I continued to talk about the situation to Kyran.

     I said I had to go, that I had to do something. He understood my excuse and both him and Aly said goodbye. Then I hung up the call.

     Neither of us had a clue about what was going on and it certainly didn't help that I was in a different country than all of them. It was like I was helpless in all of this chaos.

Maybe I shouldn't have gone back this summer.

-/•\-

L U N A is typing.....💬