Oneshot Numero Uno

Soulmate au where when you write on yourself it shows up on the other person.

Warning: this is my first oneshot ever so it heckin sucks.
______________________________

The one time Pidge wanted to sleep at night, she couldn't.  She rolled over and looked at the makeshift alarm clock beside her bed:

3:36 am...

A groan made its way out of Pidge's throat as she reached past the alarm clock and grabbed a green highlighter.  

Maybe he's up...

"Hey," she wrote on her forearm once she sat up.  Her white tank top, short black gym shorts, and lack of covers made Pidge realize just how cold her room was.  She slowly stood up, grabbed the green hoodie from its hook on the wall, and quietly stepped out of her room, highlighter still in hand.

The pitter patter of her steps faintly echoed through the halls.  She rolled up her sleeve when she felt the ghost of a pen on her arm.  "Good morning, beautiful," she read in handwriting that wasn't completely sloppy, nor fancy: it was somewhere in between and Pidge couldn't help the smile that crept onto her face whenever she saw it. "What's a girl like you doing up at an hour like this?"

As far as she knew, Pidge's soulmate was still on Earth, attending the Garrison, and knew nothing about Voltron or the Galra.  They didn't know each other's names or anything else.  And that's how Pidge liked it: he didn't have to worry about her risking her life in space, and she didn't have to worry about him and his earthly troubles.

She swept her fingers across the writing to erase it and wrote, "I could ask you the same thing."

"I asked you first," he replied. This was how their conversations usually went: casual flirting and sarcasm.

"I couldn't sleep."

"Me either."

Pidge hated when their conversations got to a point in which she didn't know how to respond. She thought for a moment, then finally swiped her arm, "how goes it at the Garrison?"

She cringed at herself and wished she hadn't wrote it as she entered the observation deck. With the only light coming from the energy crystal on the ceiling, Pidge could see the stars far better than usual and plopped down on the floor, inches away from the glass. She was so distracted by the beauty of in front of her that she barely noticed his response to her question: "about that..."

Her eyebrows scrunched together as she more writing appear on her arm. "I have something I need to tell you: I'm no longer at the Garrison. In fact, I'm no longer on Earth."

Pidge swiped the writing away, "What are you talking about?"

Her short question was replaced by a monster of an answer.

"I know we agreed to not give a lot of detail about our personal lives but I can't take it anymore!" Pidge feared was about to come next.

"About a year ago, my friends and I discovered this spaceship out in the desert. It was a giant, blue, sort of mechanical lion that, for some God forsaken reason, chose me as her pilot and paladin. We ended up flying into space, attacking a soon-to-be enemy ship, going through a wormhole, and meeting two aliens named Allura and Coran. Once we found the other four lions, we were able to combine them into this super-mega-awesome robot called Voltron and-"

Pidge couldn't look anymore. She knew exactly who her soulmate was and exactly what he was talking about: Lance. She quickly swiped her arm, pulled her sleeve down, and curled into a ball, staring at her own reflection in the glass. She didn't know whether to be happy, cry, or throw herself into space.

After some time, she was still trying to process.

My soulmate... is Lance McClain...

Just then, the man of the hour walked onto the observation deck.  He was too tired to care about Pidge when he sat down beside her and curled into the same position.  She glanced up at him and noticed the puffy, bloodshot eyes and pure depression that decorated his usually happy face.  Pidge felt awkward being this close to him now that she knew who he was and couldn't help the heat in her cheeks that showed up for the same reason.  "Hey," she said so quietly that she wondered if he even heard her.

"Hey," was all she got in response.  He was usually the one that kept their conversations going, so Pidge was going to have to step out of her comfort zone. "You okay?"

He didn't say anything for a moment and just sighed heavily, "Yeah... Hey Pidge, what do you know about your soulmate?"

Well sh-

"Plenty, I guess!" she said a little too enthusiasticly. Lance didn't pick up on her though.

"Like what?"

Before she realized what she was doing, Pidge looked up at Lance and forgot where she was, what she was doing, and how to breathe all because of his ocean blue eyes. Lance didn't realize it either, but he was getting just as lost in her amber ones.

Before anything could happen though, a boom erupted from somewhere outside. The castle shook so hard that Lance fell onto Pidge, their noses brushing each other. She wanted to close the distance between them, but was interrupted by several alarms. Lance quickly got up and composed himself before helping Pidge up and running to his lion, her following close behind.

___________________________

Guys! Guys! Guys!

Omg cholesterol! Look!

Omg cholesterol!  Look!

#14 baby! Whoop!

Thank you all so much! I know I haven't updated this in a few months but hey... I don't know how to finish this sentence...

Also let me know if you's wants part dos (even though I'm already planning one)!