The Great Zapfish Rescue: Part 3 : Luke POV

I waited in Tentakeel Outpost for Jazzlyn. She was running about 15 minutes late at this point, and I've grown worried. Cap'n Cuttlefish was waiting as well, seeming impatient. Then, Jazzlyn finally arrived, seeming exhausted. I raised an eyebrow, concerned. "Well.. you're pretty late, Jazz." She looked at me, suddenly blushing. "U-uhm.. yeah, sorry.. I slept in." Jazzlyn replied, yawning softly.  I shrugged off her being late, pointing my weapon to the kettles. "Ya ready for some more adventures?" I asked, smiling happily. She smiled as well, nodding. With that, we went to the kettle we left off on, unsure of what was waiting upon it.

As we entered, it was the usual: hide from the octotroopers or defeat them. However, as I was looking at my surroundings, an octoling popped out of nowhere, grabbing my leg and pulling me down. Jazzlyn wasn't there with me, as she was busy going to check and see where the zapfish was located. I pointed the nozzle of my weapon at the octoling's forehead, my face grim. The octoling was a female, who seemed smaller than the rest of the octolings I've seen, and she wasn't in the normal attire they wore. She stared in horror at the nozzle pointing straight at her, putting her hands up in defense. "P-please don't shoot! I-I'm not like them!" She blurted out, stuttering in fear. I stared at her, looking into her ocean blue eyes. "Who are you and what do you want." I said bluntly, still staring at her as if death was awaiting her in the next second. She spoke a little calmer now. "I..I want to know what you're doing here.. and why you're hurting us.." I stood silent, surprised that this girl didn't know what was going on. However, I still was suspicious of her, but I put my weapon down. "That's something I don't have to tell you." I stood up, walking away. "Wait!! What... What's your name? My name is Riki.." She asked as I turned my head back to face her. "Luke.. it's Luke." And with that, I was running ahead. Jazzy was waiting for me near the end, and when she saw me, she sighed in relief. "Thank god you're okay, I thought you were dead." The way she looked at me made my heart flutter, as I blushed lightly. "Don't worry about me, Jazz. Let's just get this zapfish." She nodded. "Right." We both finished off the kettle, making it back safely. The way Jazzlyn was just able to show her determination and effort into catching the great zapfish made me a little shaken up. My feelings for her seemed to grow more every time I saw her, the way her eyes shimmered a bright yellow in the moonlight, the way she smiled when she was happy. "Luke?-" Jazzlyn asked, raising an eyebrow. "H-huh?" I said, snapping out of my thoughts. "It's time to go. It's getting late. We'll do the boss kettle tomorrow." She pointed to the bigger kettle standing in the middle. "Ah.. okay." I replied, looking at her.  We said our goodbyes as soon as we went back to Booyah Base. However, Jazzlyn ran up to me, touching my shoulder gently. "U-um.. Luke?" I looked over at her. "Hmm?" Jazzlyn was hesitant as she fiddled with her fingers. "Would you.. like to sleep over at my house? It.. gets kind of lonely.." She asked quietly, blushing deeply. I laughed at smiled at her, nodding. Her eyes shimmered a bright yellow as she hugged me. "Thank you! I'll see you there!" Jazzlyn ran off, seeming excited. She's cute when she's happy.. I thought to myself, blushing.

As soon as I finished getting ready, I went over to her apartment, knocking softly. When she opened the door, pure happiness flooded her eyes. "Hey!!" She said, grabbing my hand and dragging me in. I smiled as we sat down on her couch to talk. For the rest of the night we watched the stars, played video games, and ate some snacks. Before we went to bed, we decided to do truth or dare. We sat on her bed, and began. "Soooo, Jazzy, truth or dare?" I asked her, smirking. "Truth." She said right away, smiling. I thought about what to ask her.. do you like me? would you ever consider dating me?  Even though my ideas were quite dumb in my head, I decided to go for it. "Do you like someone?" I said, smirking even more. She blushed suddenly, looking away and mumbling something lowly. "What was that, Jazz?" I asked, tilting my head. "I...I like you! I like you a lot Luke!" Jazzlyn blurted out, blushing even more. I felt my heart jump at this. She likes me too? I couldn't help but smile. I placed my hand on her shoulders gently, slowly leaning in and pressing my lips against hers. I could hear the silence around us grow, only feeling her lips against mine. She held the kiss for a little longer, making sure this moment was something to remember. I pulled away, looking at her. "Heh.. I like you too, Jazz. I always have." I said. Jazzlyn smiled happily. She tugged on my shirt, forcing me to bend down, and pressed her lips against mine this time.

I never want to forget this moment.

~

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry for not updating this sooner. However, I'll focus more on this story. I hope you all continue to support my writing , and feel free to share this story! I appreciate all of those who like this story. <3 

Also, I have some images of Luke and Jazzy for future reference. :3c Art is always appreciated!