sixteen

"Taylor." A loud voice calls from the outside of my door. I slowly open my eyes and sit up in my bed, still buried in my comforter. The knocking coming feet away woke me out of my deep sleep.

"Please open up." Ethan begs as he continues to knock on the door. I let out a sigh and rise to my feet. I am in no mood for either Dolan twin today.

After making out with Grayson last night, I feel so dirty about it. I didn't in the moment, but I'm glad I stopped anything from happening. He is the definition of an asshole and all he wants is to get in my pants. Jordyn is already gone and probably miles deep in homework at the library and it's only ten o'clock, which makes me feel relieved as I walk over to the door. I let out a deep breath as I slowly crack it open, staring up at Ethan.

"What do you want, Ethan?" I sigh.

"We need to talk." He stares down at me with a desperate look in his eye.

"There isn't much to talk about." I mumble.

"Yes, there is. I feel so fucking shitty about last night. Leaving you there was such a dick move and it should have never happened."

"You're right, it shouldn't have happened." I nod at his statement.

"Please let me in." He lowly pleads.

I consider all of the mistakes I've made recently, the biggest one being last night. I open the door and move to the side so he can enter my dorm. He steps into it and walks closer to my side of the room. I take a seat next to him on my bed and turn to face him.

"Taylor, I am so fucking sorry," he begins, "I let the pressure of my friends get to me and I was being such a dick."

"I just wish you didn't need to get drunk when we were suppose to be together all night." I let out another sigh.

"I know, and it was so wrong of me." He shakes his head back and forth.

"Ethan," my voice stays low as I exhale sharply, "I feel like sometimes you don't care enough about my feelings. You left me alone at the party and the formal." God, I sound like Grayson now.

"I do care about your feelings, I made two major mistakes that I will never make again." He grabs a hold of my hand and lightly rubs his thumb along the top of it. "I'm sorry if I made you doubt that. I would never want to do anything to upset you."

I nod, listening to him. I can't really stay mad about it, if only he knew about the mistake I made less than 24 hours ago. "I just hope next time alcohol won't get in the way of anything."

"It won't, I promise you." I can tell he feels really bad about the situation from the look in his eyes. "Things have just been so crazy lately with football and I should have never let my ego go to my head. It was so rude and childish of me to leave you all alone, especially on a night like last night. It's been eating me alive knowing I hurt you."

I look into his brown eyes, while placing one of my hands on his cheek. "It's okay, I forgive you." I nod as I reassure him. I feel so goddamn guilty about kissing Grayson, it's even worse now that I'm actually talking things out with Ethan. "You're a good guy Ethan, I don't want this to ruin anything between us."

"It won't, I promise I'm going to make it up to you." He pushes a piece of my hair behind my ear. "I actually want to ask you something."

I begin to smile as I keep my eyes steady on his. After working this out, I'm hoping the thought of losing me really made him think about our relationship.

Maybe now he is finally ready to make it official, which is what I've been hoping for. "What is it?" The anticipation is killing me.

"Next weekend I'm driving to Charlotte to visit my parents, do you want to come with me? I really want you to so they can meet you." He smiles.