•••

"Your parents haven't said anything yet. And you can't change anything about it now so just let him be and tell me what is with you and Potter?" Victoria hesistate with her nod after Severus respons on having him told everything with Cayden. Every other person would see that the boy didn't hold any empathy for the girl. He only held it for himself and the fear of James and Victoria coming to close.

Both were sitting under a tree by the lake and just talked till it was time for them to go back to their dorms. The wind was strong and since Victoria almost always froze she pulled her robe closer to her body hoping that it would give her some warmth. "What do you mean?"

"Both of you seem like friends. ,"Victoria couldn't hear all of the bitterness in his voice.

" I just smiled. ," she explained shrugging. 

 "Don't worry. It is not like I would suddenly like him and forget about you. ," she laughed away as she tried to ease the obvious tension, Severus visibly hoping that what she said would stay true.

Victoria got up and reached out her hand to Severus. "Come on Sev. It is almost 10 p.m. " Taking her hand as support he stood up again at full height. As he stood stable on his feet, Victoria took her hand away again. He immediately missed her soft hand in his own rough ones. It was like a longing for something that was only his. They talked for the rest of the way until they said their goodbyes and went in different directions, the pureblood not even noticing on how much the boy whished she would have to walk towards the same direction with him. And maybe it was because her talking to Lily and Severus about it or because or the fact that it was almost normal again, but she fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

•••

Victoria didn't quiet enjoy sleeping in long. As ridiculus it may have sound to some, the girl had always prefered to wake up at early hours. Looking away from rituals, she had begun to lose control over, the girl just always had the thought sticking in her head that it was a waste of time. Even when the sleep was much needed.

So, when she entered the great hall on a Saturday morning, she couldn't really be suprissed by the lack of people. The girl, sitting down and starting to eat her porridge, stayed with her focus on the book in front of her, till her doormmates started to enter the hall one by one. Soon enough the hall was in its ususal crowded state. And as her friends started to fill her ear with randome chatter, a specific blond boy filled her vision. Next to him was a boy. Both seamed to enjoy each others company, the black-haired boy aimly telling something to her brother. 

Seeing that her brother didn't look any different, even starting to make friends let her sight in relief. Sitting herself next to Lily, she soon follow the talk on the table.

"Please just stop talking Black! ," Marleen exclaimed frustrated. Shortly after the whole dorm had gathered, the marauders took it up on themselve and even annoy them in those early hours. And while Remus and Peter quietly talked with Lily and Dorcas, keeping it civil, the other two marauders were anything other than civil. With James continuing to plaster Victoria with offers to dates she really didn't want, Sirius continued to plaster Marlene with offers to hook ups she really didn't want.

"McKinnon, why would I stop talking if I just asked you if you had time for a little fun to fun later. ," Sirius smirk couldn't get any wider. Not even when all the other girls sighted frustrated. 

" Why me? Why could you not hassle some of your fangirls?"

"Because I have standards. " None of the people around him could stop themselves from chuckling.