One

Warnings: Mentions of rape, abuse

Y/n's POV

It was an early October morning, in one day I'd be seeing my favorite band with my two favorite people.

"Get up!" My foster dad pounded on the door.

"Ah yes. What a lovely way to start off the day.." I mumbled to myself.

I got up out of bed and brushed my messy hair. I went to the bathroom, grabbing my clothes for the day before I left. I threw on some black jeans and a long sleeved TØP shirt. I'm a bit obsessed with them.

I walked downstairs, only to be greeted by a drunken foster father, my foster mother weeping on the floor, and thankfully my foster sister was asleep.

"G-get your ass over here!" My foster father yelled at me. My heart started pounding. Usually when my foster mom was crying, it was from something Jerry, my foster dad had done.

"Yes, Jerry?" My heart raced. I wanted to cry.

"Bedroom now!" I gulped. I knew exactly what he was gonna do. That would make it the 5th time this week.

He did horrendous things. Nothing anyone should have to go through. Once he was finally satisfied, he fell asleep. I got up out of the room and went to the bathroom down the hall.

I sat down and took a good look at myself. Blood dropped down my legs. It hurt to walk. My arms were covered in bruises and my neck in hickies. I covered my neck in concealer and put my shirt back on. I looked at myself in the mirror.

"Why me?" I whispered. Tears rolled down my face until my foster sister, Emma, knocked on the door.

"Mommy made breakfast." Her little voice shook. "Hurry before daddy wakes up."

I unlocked the door and hugged her. She was five, had long blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. I mumbled thanks and hurried to the table. I wasn't allowed to eat technically. My foster father forbade it. I ate in secret, when my Jerry was asleep or I was gone.

Alison, my foster mother, laid three pancakes, three pieces of sausage, and orange juice down where I sat.

"If you need anything else or want more, ask love." She smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I'm sorry I couldn't prevent what happened this morning.." she apologized.

"Don't worry. He was..." I looked over at Emma and her sad eyes. "Not in the right mind..."

I felt a pang of guilt. I could leave at any moment if I called Child Protective Services. Emma and Alison couldn't. Jerry threatened that if they left he'd do horrendous things, and eventually murder them. I tried my best to protect them.

"Ally, my friends are coming tonight and tomorrow night for the concert. He'll be nice then. If you want, take Emma to your sister..." She nodded.

"I already planned that sweetheart. Don't you worry. Have fun tonight." She was kind. And deserves the best.

I quickly finished my plate and got to work on the dishes. Jerry came out of his room, just as I started.

"Y/n, you haven't eaten anything right? Your fat ass can't take the calories." I shook my head no. He looked over to Emma. She was eating her two pancakes, barely even touched, and kept her head down.

" Emma, you might want to slow down. You're already fat. You don't want to end up like your fat ass foster sister do you?" She our her head down further. She could be a ball of happiness at times, but at others, like now, she could be the most depressed person ever.

"Don't call Emma fat." My voice shaking, anger laced it.

"What did you say?" Jerry asked, his voice getting louder.

"Don't call Emma fat. She's five, the most beautiful, smart, caring, kind, amazing little girl I know. You're destroying her potential. You're a blind jerk who doesn't deserve your family. Leave Alison and Emma alone. They don't deserve it." I practically yelled. Alison and Emma looked at me with wide eyes.

He stood up and pulled my by my hair to his bedroom. He slapped and kicked me. He yelled and screamed. He even got a belt at one point and whipped it across my back. And to end it off he raped me again, leaving me naked on the cold floor. He once again fell asleep. I got up, tears pouring at this point. I tried getting up, but everything hurt. It took me a full twenty minutes to get up, then an hour to fix myself up again.

Once I was able to move again, I walked to the living room, only to find a sobbing Emma and Alison.

"Girls, what's wrong?" I asked.

" We thought he'd kill you..." Alison managed to say.

"He hurt me, and did some things. But I'm okay. Go to your sister, now." I said. Alison was about to object, but she saw the look in my eyes. She knew I was making her leave.

"I'll be fine. Two days." She nodded, took Emma by the hand and buckled her into her car seat.

"Bye!" I waved. Every part of me hurt.

I hurried back inside, and started cleaning and making lunch. Maybe he'd calm down if I cleaned and made him food. After about an hour after the girls left, Jerry came out of his room.

"Where are the girls?" He asked groggily.

"At Alison's sisters house. I'm having friends over for tonight and tomorrow because of the concert. I told you about it a while ago. They didn't want to be in the way." I smiled. Hoping he wouldn't get angry.

"Alright worthless. Anyways, you better not get in my hair. Who's going anyways?"

"Maria, the one that's Ana's older sister. She's taking my friend from school, Amy and I."

"Okay." He grunted, he didn't like Maria. She was 16 and pregnant. He didn't like that about her, always called her a slut. Well he doesn't know that she was raped by her ex boyfriend, and he got her pregnant. I'm now the "biological father" of her twins. In December they'll be born and we'll be giving them to a gay couple.

"Hurry up bitch. And also, not in my best opinion, but my cousin is coming tonight to maybe adopt you. His name is Josh."