The Great Panty Caper_TawnaFenske

Title: The Great Panty Caper

Usernname: TawnaFenske

Genre: Chick-lit & Romance

Rating: PG-13

Summary:

JJ Shultz is torn between two hot men. So what’s a girl to do? Prolong the decision and escape to Seattle, of course! Especially when sister Lori invites her to a fashion trade show.

But their plans for a weekend of cocktails and sisterly bonding go south when Lori’s panties disappear from their hotel room. It’s not just any pair of unmentionables – it’s Lori’s only prototype for a new product she’s almost ready to reveal.

Determined to find Lori’s treasured trunks, the sisters set out to track down the thief, with the help of some friends at home, a few quirky new acquaintances, and a cat who can’t stop himself from shedding all over the evidence.

# Of Chapters I’ve Read: 7/7 (completed)

Other Works I’ve Read: None

MY REVIEW:

After a few stressful weeks, I went on a chick-lit/humor reading spree on WP to unwind…and now I’m ready to add the best ones to my recommendations.

‘The Great Panty Caper,’ by TawnaFenske is a stand-alone short story that’s part of a larger narrative. The other books are not available on WP, but I believe they can be purchased (in case you really love it).

The title alone grabbed my attention…I’m drawn to quirky and funny titles (or cool covers). And the mission to find the missing undies didn’t disappoint.

Another thing to point out is that there were a few instances where the author gave options for where the next chapters would go (readers would pick option A or B through the comments). This happened when the book was originally posted though, so if you wanted to explore the other options…you’d have to buy the book.

Anyway, I thought that was fun.

So the M.C., JJ is struggling to choose between two men; both obviously good looking and stuff. And although this book mentions these yummy men, it’s not really a romance book. They make guest appearances throughout, but they’re not the focus….more like teasers for the main story-line.

Basically JJ goes with her sister to a retail convention (to avoid choosing a man), where they’ll be promoting a new line of underwear. The duo are polar opposites and hilarious. Their banter and chemistry is palpable, and their relationship feels genuine.

But in the midst of living the glamourous life of designing undies and picking up a man for Lori…the prototype for the infamous underwear goes missing, and so the weirdness ensues.

It’s just so odd that someone would steal underwear…and so of course the path to recover them is just as awkward.

The story follows the girls as they carefully investigate (this is an embarrassing problem after-all), and unravel lots of dirty laundry in the process.

The story was well written, humorous and the mystery engaging. I enjoyed reading it, and would recommend it.

Overall Rating: ★★★★☆