Forget About It; The Prophecy

Jinx:

Sapphire still lie curled up in a ball with me wrapped around her. I didn't like that she was a rogue, but I still cared for her deeply. The snow was still blocking the exit out of my den, but I was okay. We were okay. Slowly her eyes started to open. I leaned down and licked her nose. Her eyes opened immediately. She jumped to her paws and winced in pain when she put wait on her front paw.

"What do you think your doing" she snarled.

"I was only trying to keep you alive" I shot back.

"Well don't just leave me alone. I don't want you" she replied. Well that hurt. 'I don't want you'

"Neither do I" I felt myself lieing. No it  is true, I don't want her.

"Just forget about it" he told her. She sat on the opposite side of my den. I heard the sound of shuffling paws echoing from the right. 

"Oh Jinx, I'm so glad your okay" Brownie said, she brushed her body on my side. 

"What is that doing here" she spat at Sapphire.

"The den to Berry's den was closed off by snow, so I brought her here" I explained.

"Ew, how can you stand her scent" Brownie said putting a paw over her small, scrunched up nose. 

"I know what you mean" I said and did the same, but really I wanted to deeply inhale her scent. I was starting to find Sapphires sweet, distinctive scent addictive. It was strange to me, I didn't understand why though. Sapphire beared her teeth at Brownie angrily. 

"Stand down, I'm the alpha female here" Brownie shot back. She held her head low and tail high and pulled her ears pack. Sapphire growled a low growl. When Brownie growled back and crouched down Sapphire whimpered. Her tail lowered and she flipped over on her back showing her white belly fur like a white flag of surrender. Brownie lowered her tail, but kept her head high. I didn't want the two of them fighting in my den, and I found myself wishing Sapphire were like Brownie. Brownie turned towards me, and lay beside me. Her head on my paws and tail over my tail. I didn't feel so comfortable around her like this, but I let her. Sapphire lie on her side, her back facing us. I sighed, her bright blue eyes I couldn't see. Errr... not like I want to see her eyes I thought.  I sighed softly and rested my head over Brownie's head. She growled lovingly while I growled disgusted, but she didn't seem to take it that I didn't like her. 'Just forget about it' and 'I don't want you' words flashed in my mind. Outside the wind could be heard howling. My belly was still full from the last elk hunt. I thank our ancesters for the great hunt, amen. My thoughts drifted to the Willow Grass Pack, the lived south of us and they probably weren't enduring the snow storm. Sure it's be cold there, but not like this. I heard the sound of shuffling paws comming near, Berry. 

"Hey, sorry to intrude, but Sapphire needs her medicine" Berry said, looking a little embarrased when she saw Brownie and I. Sapphire noticed Berry and her eyes lit up when she saw her friend.

"Why don't you let her die allready?" Brownie asked. I nodded my head slowly, a good mate should agree with his mate for what is best. Though I wasn't very certain. Berry ignored her and carried the neccesesary herbs to Sapphire.

"Waisting herbs on a rogue, can you believe her?" Brownie asked me. I growled and shook my head. I hated rogues, and Brownie knew that. I had my good reasons, too. My nose twitched and I reconized the herbs scent; Chamomile to strengthen the heart, Chervil for her wounds, Comfrey root for her broken paw, and horse tail for the bleeding and infections. 

"There you go, all good" Berry said when she wrapped Sapphires broken paw in frew cobwebs. She dashed away toward the main den with Celadine, a flower that was used to soothe damaged eyes. For Buckeye. She and Buckeye were goodfriends, but nothing more than that. Buckeye often complained about the pain in his eye and said that no female would want him with the way he looked now. I felt bad for him, he was my friends and I trusted him. He didn't have the best judgement, something needed to be my beta, but I trusted him.