eleven

"Conver! What is wrong with you? You're not putting any emotion! - effort! - motivation!" Professor Nui shouted

"I'm sorry, Professor. A lot has happened and I've just been tired," she whispered.

She was ashamed. First, Sirius and her broke up. Then, Professor Nui seemed even more angry at her than usual.

"Well, you were always tired anyway. Why would a little drama change anything? If anything, it should make you more motivated. Unleash the anger or sadness," he advised.

"You seem like you know what you're talking about," Ivory replied.

"I've had my fair share of drama. Stop zoning out! This is not class, this is not relaxation time, this is not a game. This is your aspiration. Now are you going to pay attention and try? Or are you going to give up when you're not even half way through with my teachings?" he asked.

Ivory bit down on her bottom lip and nodded. "Yes, sir. No distractions anymore."

"Good. There shouldn't have been any distractions in the first place. Start at part D," he commanded as he put up his wand to use as a conducting stick.

Ivory tried to stay focused and her eyes roamed through the sheer music quickly. Her eyes could barely keep up with her fingers. She would have to alternate from looking at the sheet music and Professor Nui. It was something she had trouble doing because she liked to focus on the notes to make sure she was getting them correct, but paying attention to the conductor was key.

Quickly enough, it was time for dinner. Dinner had already started and they ended up going past schedule, but Ivory didn't mind. She wasn't hungry anyway. She just wanted to skim her sheet music one last time and study for an hour or two before heading to bed.