eight

The following day was tense and uncomfortable for everyone - especially during meals

The following day was tense and uncomfortable for everyone - especially during meals. The dining hall had never been more silent. The Marauders were all there, including Ivory. The difference was that they weren't joking around as usual.

Sirius was giving Ivory the cold shoulder and she ignored him back. Remus was trying to defuse the tension by telling horrible jokes that even Peter wouldn't laugh at. James was glancing at Lily from across the room, while nudging Sirius from under the table.

Ivory felt bad for keeping her activities a secret, but she wasn't allowed to tell anyone. Professor Nui had come from America to teach at Hogwarts instead of Ilvermorny. It was merely a coincidence that he taught music and art.

Ivory was a beginner back then. She'd been playing since she was eight, but she never reached the amount of perfect that she wanted. After practicing on her own for her four years at Hogwarts, Professor Nui strolled in one day while she was practicing in Professor Flitwick's room, where he practiced with the frog choir, and decided to take it upon himself to help the young woman achieve her dreams.

Ivory had been under the teachings of Professor Nui for around two years and everything was fine. She was never caught by her friends or questioned until now.

It took Sirius two years to finally follow her and find out what she was doing at night and why she left class early on Wednesdays. When he did find out, he was hurt that his girlfriend of almost one year - eleven months - never told him.

He didn't feel bad at all for giving her the cold shoulder. He had a reason to give her the cold shoulder.

The Marauders told each other everything and they were all merely best friends, but Ivory and Sirius were more than best friends. They were lovers.