Chapter 19

"Personally I think it's gonna be sexy."

Jaimie felt his face heat up and turned to Wolf, who was smirking at him, "Wh-what?"

"The cut on your cheek is gonna leave a scar, and I think that's pretty sexy."

Jaimie turned away, touching the bandage on his cheek and shrugging, "Y-you think scars are....attractive?"

"Sure," Wolf laughed and sat forward beside Jaimie, looking at him with a smile, "Scars are amazing. It's like history written on your skin."

"Not always good history," Jaimie whispered, recalling the scars that both Casey and Seth shared.

"Of course not. Wars aren't meant to be happy," Jaimie looked up at Wolf, who was leaning back on his hands, his eyes lifted up to the sky.

He was wondering why he'd shown up. Why he left for a walk only to find himself on Wolf's front porch. He claimed he was thanking Ben, but was that why he really came? No. He came to see Wolf again. It was so stupid and pathetic of Jaimie, to allow himself to be swept away so easily yet again. The more he thought about it, the more afraid he became. He'd been so badly hurt so many times before now. He would fall for someone, and they'd hurt him.

What if.....what if Wolf....hurt him like that too? What if he managed to hurt Jaimie the way no one else had managed to? What if-?

"Whoa now, Jai, take it easy!"

Jaimie took a sharp intake of breath and his head snapped to the side to see Wolf had moved closer, and was rubbing his back, concern in his eyes. Jaimie's vision was blurring, and he was startled to find he was crying, the hot tears sliding down his cheeks.

Before he could react, Wolf pulled him against his broad chest, both arms encircling Jaimie as he rocked himself back and forth, gushing Jaimie and whispering reassuring words to him. He ran his fingers through Jaimie's light hair, massaging his scalp as he continued to rock him back and forth.

Jaimie felt himself relax completely in Wolf's arms, lying against his chest as the tears slowed, "Wolf."

"Yea?"

Jaimie buried his face in Wolf's chest, gripping the front of his shirt as he trembled, "I'm scared."

"What? Why?" Wolf's grip tightened protectively, his tone terse.

"I don't want to be hurt anymore," Jaimie whispered, "Every time....every time I decided to love someone, they'd hurt me. Why? Why am I so trusting?"

"Someone has to be," Wolf said gently, and Jaimie shook his head.

"It's not fair. Why me? Why was it always me? I tried so hard to be a good person, and all I got for it was abuse and-and so much pain," he suddenly pulled away, "No! Wh-why am I telling you that?!"

Wolf reached out and cupped his hands around Jaimie's face, pressing their foreheads together and smirking, "Maybe because I already told you everything about myself, so you feel like you owe me?"

Jaimie pouted a bit, "That's not fair."

Wolf laughed and wiped away Jaimie's tears with his thumb, "I know, I don't play fair," he frowned, "But it looks like you really need to talk about it. Tell me."

Jaimie looked down, "Can....can I trust you?"

Wolf smiled, "Of course."

Jaimie nodded. It took a while, several moments of hyperventilating, panic, a lot of tears, but Jaimie managed to tell Wolf.....everything. Why? He didn't know. Maybe because he was too trusting. Maybe because he was desperate. Maybe because he just wanted to get it out. Either way, he blurted out everything that had happened to him since coming out, and in the end, it really did make him feel a little lighter.