"You lied to me," he finally said, breaking the silence. 

She sighs. "I didn't lie... I lied to your father, not you."

"Why?" he asked. 

"Because I knew it was only a matter of time before you found her... Your father doesn't know right?" Garret shakes his head no. "Good. That would've made things a lot harder."

"What aren't you telling me, Rhoda?"

"I'm not sure," she says, sounding truly defeated. "I cannot begin to explain the confusion that is going through my mind but you need to be patient."

"For what?" he asks even more confused. "Patient for what?"

She shakes her head, not sure of how to answer because she can't process it herself. "Finish your coffee."

"Rhoda-"

"I don't know Garret, but the time for the answers to your questions will come. I know that."

And with that, she left, and if he had a headache before, he was mistaken now. 

~*~

Emerald's POV. 

Beep. Beep. Beep. Be-

I heard the beeping of my alarm clock across the hall in the bedroom as I sat on the floor in the chamber room. With a wave of my hand, the beeping stopped and I focused back on my meditating. 

I sat on the floor, in the middle of my pentagram, candles littered the chamber, the only source of lighting. 

Closing my eyes, I breathed in and out through my nose, to gain relaxation. When I felt that my body and mind were at peace, I began to chant. 

Megáli Theá tis iméras kai tis nýchtas Prostatéfste me óli sas ti dýnami

I recited this line over and over as I opened my right hand and envisioned a softly lit blue sphere. It formed in my hand, soft and slow, and when it got to the size I needed it, I motioned for it softly out of my hands. It flew off and circled around my body, encasing me in this undeniable warmth as I felt the temporary protection spell cover me. 

I continued. 

Se aftó to méros kai se aftín tin óra

Apó tous kidemónes ton mystikón tis nýchtas

Párte ta kleidiá stin kardiá mou

Kai kleíste tis pórtes tou myaloú mou

I closed my opened hand as the blue sphere continued to circle around me and I leaned my head back softly. Careful not strain my neck and break concentration, I recited these lines to close off my mind from any outside forces. To protect my thoughts to my own, an unbreakable barrier unless I said otherwise.

A soft pressure made its way to my head, not hard enough to cause a headache or migraine but just enough to let me know that I was shielded and protected.

And lastly, I said:

anapnoí tis zoísKai to fos tou myaloú mouDimiourgeí mia goiteíaProstasía kai ánesiKathós o aéras pou anapnéo katharízetaiPerivállo ton eaftó mou me mia sfaíra chrysoú Aftí i chrysí omíchliDiarkós katharízetaiKai na choristeí apó opoiadípote arnitikótita Boreí o chóros mou na prostateftheí

I opened both of my hands and raised them about an inch from my knees, reciting this as I envisioned a golden aura encampenising itself around me. The aura seeped through my skin, slightly pricking me as I began to feel it work. A light shone from my skin, not blinding but not subtle either.

The lit blue sphere that was still circling my body, I had it stop in front of me and as I began to end my chant and meditiation, the blue sphere as well as the golden aura sunk into my body. It didn't take me off guard the way it had when I first performed these spells, but it slightly knocked my body backwards.

Easily catching myself, I let out a breath and opened my eyes.

I felt that my irises were the electric blue that came from my wolf, the only thing I came from my wolf nowadays. When training with Maximus, I couldn't transform. It was frustrating and slightly deterring, but I've gotten used to the fact that I might not hear nor transform into her again. It sucked that literally something that made up a third of me couldn't be brought out, but the other two-thirds did so I guess I couldn't be that upset.

Blinking multiple times before my usual brown eyes came back, I began to get ready for my shift. Doing my normal morning routine and getting dressed, I was on my way to work on high alert.