River Phoenix

Imagine you and River being really good friends

You let out a sigh as you continue driving down the road. You try to stop yourself from staring out the window and zoning out, you don't want to kill both you and River. Lately your mind has been a mess, racing by with a billion thoughts every minute. You've been fighting with your parents recently about the career path you want to take. You want to do something other than what they planned out for you which is bothering them. 

You even want to go to a different college, which seems to the one thing upsetting them the most. 

Of course you kept these thoughts and problems to yourself, not wanting to worry your friend. Even though you tried to mask your frustrations with a poker face, River could still tell there was something wrong. After all he has known you for years, so nothing can get past him. 

"What's wrong?" he asked as he looked over at you. 

"Nothing-

"Don't give me that bullshit, somethings bothering you" sometimes you hated that he could see right through you... but other times your glad because that means he really pays attention. 

"My parents are upset because I'm choosing a different career and college. They had this plan for me to follow in their footsteps and continue the family business. I don't want too though!" you yelled out, letting your anger and frustration get the best of you. 

River sat and listened to you, not interfering until you were done talking. 

"Who cares what they want? As long as you know this is you what you want to do and this is what you have a lot of passion for. Don't let your parents bother you about it man. Just do your own thing, as long as it's something that will make you happy" You carefully listened to his words. 

A smile found its way to your lips as you reached out to ruffle his soft hair. 

"Thanks kid" you chuckled, he groaned at your nickname for him. 

"when are you gonna stop calling me kid?" he asked as he rolled his eyes, but you could already see a playful grin growing on his lips. 

"Never, it fits you" 

"I'm taller than you" you laughed and punched him in the arm.

"Oh shut up!"