TEN- Permission

Allen Jones POV

It's been a week and I've finally made an actual friend, Kenny. Chris however is still ignoring me but Kenny is a great distraction. Here's what I know about Kenny so far, he loves wrestling, anime, and video games. He also is super smart and loves to draw and act. He works out, speaks Japanese, and doesn't seem to care about love relationships since he turns down every girl that approaches him. He's helped me stay distracted from Chris.. in fact I haven't heard or seen anything from him in a while. On one had it's good because no more bullying but on the other- i miss him.. yeah he may have been a jerk and yes my moms been treating my different ever since that moment but I truly felt a connection with him.. like things could be different. ugh what am I even talking about I don't understand a thing about these feelings things.
It's after school and I'm walking home with Kenny. I haven't told him anything about Chris or really anything about myself but.. I'm sure he knows I'm an outcast and pretty introverted so he doesn't force me to talk about anything.

"Ah AJ, we need to hangout and play video games together one day! I need to see if you're actually as good as you say you are." Kenny says and laughs a bit
"Sounds fun," I look up at Kenny "When and where. I need to beat you in Street Fighter!"
"How about.. your house, tomorrow!"
My house.. ugh that means I'll have to ask momma after we've been avoiding each other and ask to bring a guy over? I've only know Kenny for a week but I am pretty desperate for friends...
"yeah.. Y-Yeah I'll ask."
"Yay! ok cool. And uh- Street Fighter is my life so I really hope you don't think you're actually gonna win..."

Kenny and I argued and laughed a bit about who was better before I got home. At home it was awkward.. I had no idea how'd I approach my mom. Without even thinking about it I just go up to her and ask- well there goes all my confidence for the month

"H-hey mom?" I say as she looks up
"Yeah?"
"Is it ok if my friend comes over tomorrow?"
She sighs, "what kind of friend?"
"W..well his name is-" she then cut me off
"AJ I don't think you should have any guys over."
"W-why?"
"Don't play dumb. I saw what you and Chris were doing." She said in a disgusted tone

Hearing his name like that hurt triggered something in me. I never thought I could be mad or even yell at my mom but that was all I could.

"You don't know what happened at all before that or after you barged in there!"
"What are you saying?" She said angrily confused
"I'm saying, stop making assumptions. I'm confused about everything yet you think you know everything."
"Allen that's not it, just- AJ are you gay?"

I froze because I had no idea how to answer. Something in me at that moment snapped..

"Here we go again, this time I'm being questioned by my own MOTHER! I DONT KNOW, I have no clue. Even if I was I was or if I knew- I don't think I could trust you enough to tell you. My own mother.. wouldn't expect and no one else in this SHITTY town would either! So.. why does it even matter."
"B-but in your room.."
"That was the first and only time Chris and I got that close. I'm not sure what was happening and I had no idea what was happening. In case you haven't noticed after all these years, I don't make friends very well and when I was lucky enough to have him it was a new experience. N-now.. can I have my STRAIGHT friend come over tomorrow."

My mom was shocked and frozen while I was just trying to breathe and not yell anything bad.

"Y-yeah.. sure." She responded then sat down. I walked up to my room, texted Kenny, then though about what I said.. how did I do that was what I mainly thought and how much of it was real.

Fuck feelings.. I just wanna know! Why am I so confused..

(A/N: i was going to wait to upload this but i'm already halfway done with the next part so- why not lol. I hope you enjoy this chapter even though there's no cute jeristyles moments- you'll have to wait ); but thank you for reading and have a good day/night imma go watch YouTube lol)