×Chapter 1×

Another day, as quickly as it has come, is gone again, taking the last rays of sunshine with it as the moon slowly rises, a rather hazy silver orb in the heavily polluted sky of Haven City. As many of said city's inhabitants trickle their way home, two individuals debate on how and where to proceed as they stand outside the rather large, and ominous Haven City Prison. (E/c) optics take in the sight, scanning over the currently visible area of the building, seeking any points of entry. You can't help but click your tongue in irritation as your companion spots an entry point: a closed air vent in the side of the wall, rather high from the ground. (H/c) eyebrows furrow slightly as you turn to meet your short and furry partner. He simply shrugs before flashing you a grin, a mischievous twinkle in his baby blue eyes as he walks up to the wall, and begins his ascent to the entrance. You roll your eyes slightly, before letting a small smile adorn your lips. You have no clue as to why the sudden expression, knowing the danger of the current situation at hand, but you can't help it. Not only do you appreciate a challenge, but you love the rather rebellious 'mood' of the task.

'Mission: Rescue Jak' is now in motion.

• • •

Adrenaline pumps throughout your body and brain as you move within the safety of shadow, taking extreme caution with every step, so as not to bump into any Krimzon guard passerby as you press on further, your companion on your shoulder. Once you both have passed the danger, you step into the light.

"Phew!" He exclaims in relief, hopping off your shoulder. "That was a close one! Glad them oversized tin cans didn't spot us, right (F/n)?" The ottsel asks, beginning to walk ahead of you, following the slightly glowing device in his furry paws, as a map of the prison is depicted on the screen. You raise a(n) (h/c) eyebrow, but smile lightly, pushing your glasses up the bridge of your nose.

"Yeah Dax. I'd hate to see what they'd do when faced with the wrath of 'Orange Lightning'." You tease. 'Orange Lightning' as the ottsel dubs himself, immediately catches the sarcastic tone in your voice, and huffs, crossing his arms in indignation.

"Hey! I could totally take one of these measly guards. It ain't nothing!"

"Sure Daxter."

 A comfortable silence settles between the two of you as you venture deeper into the prison, the intent of completing the end goal in your minds and hearts.

'We'll find you Jak.'