Everyone in the room knew Elena had erased her memories of Holden and her love for him. Tyler glanced at Holden who seemed quite calm.

Liam then entered the room causing Holden to turn to him before rolling his expressively. "Liam hey. You're here," Elena approached her somewhat of a boyfriend as Holden watched from the side. He knew he would soon break and do something to Liam if he continued seeing Elena. But he didn't want to hurt her.

"Bearing the white wine of surrender," Liam took out a bottle of wine as Elena smiled at him. "I owe you an apology. I checked Lady Whitmore's medical records again, and everything was normal, which I would have known if I had double-checked them before making accusations that were unfounded, baseless, dickish. Is that enough adjectives?" he smiled at her as she smiled.

"Getting there."

"Sorry to interrupt," Holden then spoke with a smirk as he approached the couple. Liam was surprised to see Elena's ex there, celebrating with them as well as he glanced at Elena with a questioning look. "Nice to see you, buddy."

"Um..." Liam trailed off as Elena looked at him apologetically.

"I'll take that wine," Holden grabbed the bottle out of Liam's hands as he approached Jo, who watched the scene unfold. "This wine's for you."

Jo saw the annoyed look on Holden's face as she took the wine gladly into her hands. "He's a nice guy, Holden," Jo said quietly as Holden glanced back at the couple. "But I doubt they'll last long."

"Thank you for doing what I asked," Holden said quietly, so Elena wouldn't hear.

Jo smiled at her boyfriend's best friend. "Risking my career switching Lady Whitmore's medical chart just because you asked me?" she questioned curiously as Holden looked at her. "Glad it worked."

"Yeah," Holden mused while gazing at Elena's bright face.

HOLDEN ENTERED THE KITCHEN TO FIND ELENA THERE. She was looking through the window as if she was thinking about something deeply. "Knock knock," Holden knocked on the door causing her to snap out of her thoughts.

She turned to face him with a look. "Hey, um..." Elena trailed off awkwardly as Holden walked over to her causing Elena to look at him in confusion. "What are you doing?"

"There's a small feather from your pillow in your hair," he said calmly before taking it out gently. Elena stared up at him in overwhelm as Holden pulled away with a smile while holding a small white feather.

"Oh, um, thanks," she fixed her hair as she looked away. "I'm surprised you came here. Everyone's out looking for a lead to bring Bonnie back, who you didn't tell me was alive."

Holden sighed as he leaned against the table in front of her. "I didn't know it myself. Trust me... I wanted to go with them just as much, but..."

Elena understood what he meant before she looked down at her feet. "Liam's uncomfortable that you're here, Holden."

Holden scoffed as he looked away for a second before returning his angering look on her. "I was invited by my best friend, whom I've known for more than two years now. He's a what? Your boyfriend you know for what? A few months?" he asked as Elena met his eyes. "If you want me to leave, I won't. Seriously, Elena?"