Chapter 1*

A.N. This chapter has been revised. The other revised chapters will be available soon.

We live in harmony. Everyone around me is of supernatural origin, meaning they have powers, fangs, claws or something like that. My close friends and family are the strongest of their kind. Except me I'm the strongest in all of the supernatural and human world. I'm a mix of every supernatural thing out there, except for the ethnicity of souls and paranormal hauntings; in other words, ghosts, apparitions, and ethereal beings of the afterlife. I'm the only person in the world with the power to make two people be destined for one another. The werewolves call me the moon goddess. Vampires call me the mixture. Demons call me the bitch that gives them love. Angels call me god's disciple. Shape shifters worship the ground I walk on. Dragon riders fear me and ghosts don't haunt my house. Ghosts are real it's just not possible to have a baby with one. This is the story of the Great War. The war between the Originals and the strongest supernaturals. The story of eight brave warriors who fought by my side.

For me it all started when my mom was dying. I was approximately six years old and she was on her deathbed. Mom was a hybrid as I am and so was dad but the only traits that they truly showed was their witch side. I show all traits of every culture I have in me. Anyways, when I was six my mom was on her deathbed, she told me and my older brother Damon that someday we would find people who were made for us, destined to love us. She called these people our mates, as in soul mates. At the time of mother’s death Damon was twelve and didn’t truly believe our mother’s words. Until four years later, on his sixteenth birthday, a beautiful girl with the blondest hair I’ve ever seen and the most beautiful shade of brown eyes came to him and told him that they were destined to be together, as my mother had said. After my mother passed on we found she left me a large amount of money and property that contained an old mansion to use to create something I had always dreamed of: a house where supernaturals of any kind could come and find refuge whether it be for a day, a week, or the rest of their lives. The only catch was the money couldn’t be touched by anyone until I turned eighteen then it was mine to spend.

    Not long after mom died did our dad go and hook up with a dragon rider woman. She got pregnant, with twins, and didn’t want the babies so dad took full parental custody of them but in reality Damon and I raised them while he got drunk. I couldn’t say I was mad at him because he was grieving the death of my mother but he could’ve at least been a little more responsible. Now I have Damon, the result of my mother’s one-night-stand with a demon, and my two dragon rider twin sisters, Hallie and Bayley. All of the traits of the supernatural things were awoken in me because my mother and father were both hybrids. Since mom and a pure-bred demon had a child the traits of a demon were awoken in Damon. Same goes for my sisters, their mom was pure dragon-rider and so their dragon rider traits were awoken.

    So here we are sixteen years after mom died. Dad is somewhere in Palm Springs probably drunk. Damon, the twins and I are still here working in the mansion. Angela, Damon’s mate, is also here with us. They’ve been married for twelve years now. I find it odd that they were paired due to the fact that Angela is an angel. The twins are now sixteen years old and may I just say they’re real hand-fulls. Hallie wants to do dangerous tricks off of Culum, her dragon, and Bayley wants to date vampires. It’s like twilight except our vampires don’t sparkle.

“I don’t care if you’re sixteen or sixty years old you don’t treat me like that.” I tell Hallie as she stomps down the hallway, out of my office.

“What’d the kid do this time?” Damon asks appearing next to me. I jump out of my skin and punch his arm lightly.

“She tried to make a suit that would give her the ability to fly, like on How to Train Your Dragon. It wouldn’t have worked and she would’ve gotten herself killed if Doma hadn’t stopped her.” I walk back to my desk and plop in my chair then put my head in my hands. Doma is my dragon, even though I’m an abomination he still chose me as his rider. I’m thankful for him, he has saved Hallie’s life more than she knows.

“Well, I came to tell you we have another arrival but I’m sure after that dramatic display he tucked tail and ran.” Damon says laughing at me. I groan and lean back in my chair.

“He’s a werewolf? From which pack?” I look at him with my face scrunched up.

“Stellar. It’s the one that was just taken out by rouges. He’s a lone survivor.” I sigh and motion for him to bring in the new arrival. As I wait for him I stare out my bay window that I have behind my desk. I hear the door creak open and an overwhelming woodsy smell fills the room making my mouth water and my wolf go crazy. I turn around and look at the new arrival. He has messy black hair and piercing blue eyes that immediately connect with mine.

“Hello.” I smile at him and stand up from my chair. He comes over and shakes my hand. We both jump back as our hands make contact because something that felt like electricity ran up my arm.

“Ow!” He yells and I look at Damon who is smiling widely.

“Damon?” I say and he looks at me with his eyebrows raised. “What do you know that you aren't saying?”

“Angela!” He yells and Angela comes into the room.

“No need to yell.” She says softly. “What is it?”

“They need us to explain how we knew.” Damon tells her and I tilt my head to the side. She sits in the chair and motions for the new guy and I to sit down. I plop down in my chair and lean forward. “First introduce yourself to him and you to her.”

“I’m sorry it’s rude of me to forget to introduce myself. I’m Lanna, head of this household.” I say looking at the boy.

“My name is Bentley. It’s nice to meet you.” He says and I nod. “Are they going to explain what just happened with our hands?”

“Yes I think so.” I say and he laughs.

“I’m sure you remember what mom told us before she died. That we would find someone we were destined to love and that was destined to love us.” Damon says and looks at Angela.

“I originally came to Damon because I was supposed to give him a message but when I entered the same room as him all I could smell was him and when we touched it was like electricity ran up my arm and through my whole body. All I wanted to do after that was touch him. Just have some kind of contact with him.” She explains and I nod. I had heard that story only once before, when Hallie asked how they knew they were mates. That’s when realization hit me, Bentley is my mate. I smack my hands against my desk and stand up.

“You mean he’s my mate?” I ask and Bentley looks at me confused. “If you haven’t been able to tell by my scent I’m a mix of every supernatural thing out there so I’m a bit special and when I was young my mother told Damon and I that one day we would find people who were destined to love us and who we were destined to love. She called them mates and I believe what Angela and Damon are trying to tell us is that we’re mates.”

“She talks really fast and very harshly when she’s nervous.” Damon tells Bentley. “That is precisely what we’re trying to tell you little sister.” He tells me and I nod slowly.

“Wait so what does this mean?” Bentley asks and I shrug.

“You can either accept me as your mate or reject me. It’s completely up to you what happens.” I say and he stands. “Damon show him to one of the empty rooms in the east wing please.”

“C’mon Bentley. You both have some thinking to do.” Damon sets his hand on Bentley’s shoulder and they both walk out of my office. Angela follows behind them not long after. I stand there for a minute then hit my desk as hard as I can. It cracks in the middle and I pinch the bridge of my nose.

“Refircere.” I mutter which is latin for ‘fix it’ and the desk becomes basically brand new.