Alien moon

This sounds a little weird. Read on.

Did scientists really discover an exomoon for the first time?

Researchers have detected the first "exomoon" candidate — a moon orbiting a planet that lies outside our solar system.

Scientists think they found the moon of an alien planet, which would be the first time we've ever seen an "exomoon." The problem is that we'll never really know if that's what astronomers saw.

Researchers discovered the possible exomoon using gravitational microlensing— a technique that detects distant objects regardless of the light they emit — to take advantage of chance alignments between stars. When a foreground star passes between Earth and a more distant star, the closer star can act like a magnifying glass on the more distant one. If that star has a planet whizzing about it, the planet will brighten or dim the light of the distant star. But in some cases, the distant object could be a free-floating planet instead of a star, giving scientists the ability to measure the mass of the planet relative to its companion.

In this case, scientists could have spied a small star circled by a planet 18 times Earth's mass — or they could have spotted, for the first time, a planet bigger than Jupiter teamed up with a moon weighing less than Earth.

But because this encounter was completely random, it's impossible to know if we finally laid eyes on an exomoon. So, the search continues.

My conclusion
I will just wait for confirmation.