1

Before this story begins, I've thought a lot about if it should be a reader x daveed or, a story with names, not (b/f/n), etc.

So for now, it won't be a reader x daveed story.
I might change it up in the future.

Also, credits to MyFallWasMySalvation   For most of this chapter. I basically rewrote the first few paragraphs, but the rest of the chapters, story wont be referenced by anything etc. (I'm bad at explaining oof)

I made sure the flashback of the bet was the starting of the story.

———————-

Flashback

Ariah walked towards Daveed's apartment, smiling with a white tulip in hand, remembering that Daveed had given you one because 'giving roses is too cliche.'
She pressed her ear against the door and faintly heard two voices that she recognized. Rafael and Daveed's.

"So, did you guys fuck yet?" Rafa asked, raised an eye as he leaned back in his chair.

"You won the bet, dude." Rafael said, and handed Daveed a fifty dollar bill, chuckling.

What Bet?

"Rafael, bro, that was a stupid b-" Daveed started, but Aria cut him off by slamming the door open, tears rolling down her face.

Here she is standing with a tulip in hand, heartbroken. The man that she loved, and she thought loved her back was faking it all along. A tear rolled down her face as she saw his best friend, Rafael, laughing and Daveed, who was a bit more quiet than usual.

"I thought I could trust you!" She looked at Daveed.

"You set this all up!"Ariah shouted at the man, whose face now has a shocked expression. He frowned and looked at her. "Ariah, I'm so sorry."

She's burning in fury. She's sad. She's confused. So many mixed emotions are going through her body right now. She's just frozen.

Her immediate thought was to get the hell out of the apartment. She looked at Daveed and glared.

"I'm fucking leaving." She turned around and walked out, but was stopped. She looked back to see Daveed, who grabbed her arm forcefully, pulling her towards him.

He then smashed his lips onto hers, hoping that she would return the kiss. As tempting as it was, she pushed the tall man off of her and slapped him right across the face.

His eyes widened as a shocked expression was shown on his face. He slowly backed up as Ariah growled a bit.

"I wish I'd never met you!" She screamed out of sadness, anger and fear. She looked down, realizing she still had a white tulip in her hand. She looked back up at Daveed, and threw the tulip onto the and left the building.

Daveed picked up the tulip as tears started to roll down his face, making his vision a bit blurry. He clutched onto the tulip and ran out of the building, seeing Ariah drive off.

His heart shattered right there. He saw the woman he loved, dump him and leave.

He had completely forgotten about the bet Rafael had started, he fell in love with Ariah.

Daveed walked back into the building and entered his room, seeing Rafael on the couch, sitting.

"Shit man, I'm so sorry," Rafael said, as he ruffled his hair. Daveed sat across from him and put his hands on the sides of his face.

"If we hadn't done that stupid bet, Ariah would still be here." Daveed sobbed, thinking about the entire situation. "This is why bets are so stupid."

"Daveed, I'll help you get her back, man." He said, nervously laughing and looked at the heartbroken man.

"You'll make things worse. I just know it."

"Trust me, man, I got this."
--
(DONT USE PHONES WHILE DRIVING, KIDS.)

Ariah called Lin, her good friend who had told her about a project that he had been working on, and offered her a spot.

"So, will you be coming to New York?" Lin asked over the phone, as Ariah had her eyes focused on the road. She sighed.

"Yup, I'll move there, actually. Start a new life." She changed the tone of her voice, making it sound cheerful. Lin cleared his throat.

"Alright, I'll help you find an apartment and I'll see you in two days!" He said excitingly, as Aria heard clapping from the other side of the phone.

She smiled. She gladly took the offer that Lin had proposed, she would be a choreographer for the upcoming musical, Hamilton.

"Goodbye, Daveed!" She smiled.

Goodbye California, hello New York.

------
I got the permission of MyFallWasMySalvation  

to use one of her one-shots for a story. This first chapter is heavily referenced and based on that one shot.  The next chapter will be over 1000 words. Where Ariah travels to New York and meets up with Lin, etc.

I'm also very sorry for grammar errors, English is my THIRD language.

anyways, thank you for reading this first chapter!

- Elle.

it's 2 am. help me