Chapter 4 - Hiding the Truth

Dazai's POV:

"What was the point of proving to me that you guys have powers?" Aiya asks with a confused look on her face.

I look at Chuya and declare, "Well, we wanted to tell you that—"

RING RING RING

I stop midsentence and look at my phone. Noticing that Mori is calling I step outside to answer the call. "Dazai, have you told the girl that she has powers?" he questions with an anxious voice.

"No boss not yet, but we—"

"Good don't. For now, I want you to tell her that she is simply being protected from The Guild, and will be used here for her fighting abilities. If her ability does not resurface I do not want to run into issues. The doctor that was looking over her wounds when she was unconsious just gave me the report on her and agreed this would be best."

"Understood boss."

"Dazai...make up anything you must to get her to stay," Mori orders with a faint plead and hangs up.

Why did he sound so concerned for Aiya? I'll have to ask him for more details later.

As I enter the training room I immedietly exclaim, "Aiya, we told you this just to keep you aware of how much power we have. Our goal was to discourage you from running away again. Right Chuya?" I send glances at Chuya, hoping he gets the idea.

Chuya gives me a confused look, but slowly nods his head, "Yep, that's right, better not try it again."

"That's it? But that doesn't explain why I am here," Aiya questions.

"Haha we'll get to that soon. Chuya can I talk to you for a second outside?" I state while scratching the back of my head. Chuya nods and we both walk into the hallway. I explain to him everything that Mori told me in a hushed voice.

"Hmph. Very well. I suppose that could be an issue but I'm sure her abilities will resurface; I can sense some power radiating off of her. Don't you Dazai?" Chuya carefully comments.

"Yes, I do but the after effects of interupting her powers yesterday are not down to a science. So it is impossible to tell what will happen."

"Alright, you go tell her what Boss said then. I have to go check on some things," Chuya states with a perplexed look on his face.

Aiya's POV:

Once the two guys finish their chat, Dazai enters the room alone. He opens his mouth as if he wants to say something, but closes it soon after. I stare at him with confusion and after a couple of seconds he begins, choosing his words carefully, "Aiya, do you remember anything from yesterday?"

"Yeah, I remember it all. I was fighting you guys and then you must've used your powers or whatever to knock me out. Also there was that girl that was following me."

I see relief in Dazai's eyes and ask, "Why?" Why do you look so relieved Dazai.

"That girl that you met yesterday, had you ever met or seen her before then?"

"No, but do you know why she was chasing me?"

Dazai walks closer to me and grabs my shoulders. "Listen Aiya, that girl, she was sent from The Guild. They are an organization that also has people with supernatural abilites and for some reason they are after you," he says while looking straight in my eyes.

"But why are they after me. You have to know at least that much," I ask, searching his face for answers.

Dazai lets go of me and turns away. "They are probably after you because they see a lot of potential in your fighting abilities. That's our guess at least."