Louis looked at the ceiling.

"Well..." he took a deep breath. "Look, when you say to do something that you do naturally, it's complicated, I have nothing to say right now. It's hard."

"You're already talking," Harry said, his voice almost inaudible with his face buried in the pillow.

"All right, all right" Louis swallowed. Talk to him... think of anything. Invent. He needs. Do it. Do it. "Hm... do you know how long a star lives? Probably," he felt Harry's body there, breathing, heart pounding. He was so close. "You seem to know everything"

Harry made a strange noise, but didn't move. Louis decided to read. Quickly, he pulled out his backpack and pulled out the biology book. Harry adored biology, and if he wanted Louis to talk, he would listen about biology.

"Organic matter," Louis cleared his throat. "produced in the leaves, the source of production, must be distributed to the parts of the plant that do not make photosynthesis, which is carried out by the phloem. The sucrose is then absorbed by... "

And Louis read three topics. All about plant physiology. He hated it all.

When he stopped reading, Harry didn't move. He did nothing to show that he was awake; his face on the pillow didn't let Louis see his face.

And then he didn't know what else to do.

Louis was full of questions in his head.

Why did Harry call him when his grandmother died? Was there no other person? And William? Fuck, did William even care?

He rose from the bed, very slowly, as if Harry were a baby who couldn't wake up, otherwise he would cry all night. He changed his sweater, taking the other still wet because the wet hair. He went downstairs and saw that the hall was soaked.

He dried the hall, the staircase and the upper corridor, all with the least possible noise. He wouldn't know what to do if Harry woke up. What if he had started to cry again? What if his parents heard him when they came back? Louis would lock Harry in the closet if he had to.

He climbed into the bedroom. He still had to dry the bathroom. He took a squeegee up there to draw the water. As he crossed the room, Harry slept in the same position, nor had he moved. Louis thought of the wet pillow beneath his head. He would have a cold, but he could not wake him now.

He closed the bathroom door, and began to pull the puddles of water, but he heard a vibration. Then another and another. In the corner, next to the toilet, a black cell phone vibrated. Louis stared as if it were something from another world. Was that Harry's?

He picked it up, and it was wet. He didn't even know how it was still working. And still vibrating. It was so loud it seemed to scream. He would not answer, of course not. No one could know that Harry was here.

But when she saw the word Mother shining on the screen, he thought twice.

He imagined a woman, whoever she was, desperate. Was it her mother who died?

Then it stopped vibrating.

And then Louis went back to dry the bathroom, trying to throw those thoughts away. Harry had taken too much of his ability to figure things out.

The phone vibrated again. And he wanted to ignore it. It was just ignore.

But there was a mother there. And it seemed like she was screaming. Vibrating for news.

He took the cell phone. He wiped it dry, then accepted the call.

"Hello?"

"Harry?" A woman shouted. "Harry, tell me where you are..."