NOTION

Doncha know that no one alive can always be an angel? - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

Louis hated all the tones of William's voice. Since childhood.

When they fought for toys or for which side of the car they would sit. Or when they fought for which movie to watch when the family did the Easter Sunday - thing they stop doing a long time go, because the twins grew (and what would William's little gang think if they found out?)

And now William used the reason tone. The worst. The tone that he had enough arguments to be right.

"In the fraternity," Louis said while closing the door. Harry said that was what William thought, so better keep things that way. "And at Liam's."

"Do you have notion that you missed school?", William rose from the step.

"It's just one day", Louis repeated what Harry said.

"What if mom found out?", William looked at Louis. It was like looking at your reflection from a strange mirror. It was you, but it wasn't. It was too sinister.

"She won't", Louis passed by William and went up one step. "How many people that were there yesterday missed class today?"

"Some. Harry missed too", William said lower.

"See. No one is going to die for this", Louis went up some more steps. "Did you came home yesterday?"

"I waited for our parents leave home and I was almost late at school."

Louis did not answer. He was afraid to laugh in the middle of a sentence.

William being late was almost... a joke. William was the impeccable one. Was the nice, the intelligent, the lad. Late. Puf.

"But you haven't, and your resume is still flawless for your very important colleges," Louis said and walked up the steps two at a time.

As he walked down the hall, he heard William shout:

"Of course they're important", he also reached the hallway, and Louis snorted. "Unlike you, I'm fighting for my future."

"I'm fighting too", Louis said. Your throat started to ache again. "It happens that I'm normal."

"Normal?", William scolded. "Normal? Do you think you're normal? For god's sake." He stepped forward, pointing to his own chest. "I spend all my afternoons in the library studying because I have a goal and I want to reach it. It does not make me abnormal."

"I didn't mean abnormal...", Louis stepped back.

"What did you mean?" William folded his arms. You could tell he was furious.

College to William was Heaven. It was what mattered since he left kindergarten. It was what he always wanted.

Live in an accommodation, unisex bathrooms, eat in the cafeteria, have a minibar, just come home for Christmas, drink vodka on Mondays... and the Never Have I Ever games. William wanted that.

"You only see that," Louis said. He stepped back again. "There isn't another subject, there's not, I don't know, another thing in mind. Just college."

"Another thing in mind?", William giggled. "Look at you. Do you think you will get in any college with your grades? They're pathetic."

"There's not wrong with my grades", Louis replied fast, but William did not even noticed, still talking.

"You tell me that I have nothing else in mind, that I see nothing but college, but realize, Louis, who has real life here."