Old Wounds

CHAPTER FIVE: OLD WOUNDS

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play."

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"That's not fair!"

"What do you mean it's not fair!? I scored! You really going to try and fight me on this!?"

"But Riii~!"

"Don't 'but Ri' me. Let's start up again!"

Rin turned towards her teammates, cocking her hip to the side, "Alright, let's continue."

"Is a 3 on 3 really a good idea?" Her setter asked. The tall female cocked her hip to the side, looking Rin in the eyes with a bored expression on her face, "Especially with the two of you against each other? You know how he gets when he loses."

"Oi! We have a chance at winning!"

"Yeah but the Captain is just as bad when she loses," Another silvery voiced chimed, Rin drug her eyes over to the male that spoke and he raised his hands up in mock defense, a signature smirk on his lips, "Don't look so scary, Rin~chan."

"Oi, Rin, Mei, Hana! He's getting restless, hurry up!"

Rin rolled her eyes, turning and wiping the sweat off of her brow with the back of her hand. The setter, Mei, tossed the ball into the air and Rin watched it closely. The teammates she was going against moved fluidly and quickly, and Rin watched them as they tossed it to the one everyone expected them to. She flexed her abdominal muscles and bent her knees, jumping into the air and raising her hands over the net, stretching her fingers apart. Rin winced when the ball flew past her fingers harshly, slapping against the gym floor with a loud splat. A loud 'tch' left Rin's lips and she shook her hands off.

"Hey hey heeey!"

"Shut up!" Rin snapped, huffing and grabbing the ball.

"Oh~ Ri is getting serious!" The player that just scored commented, sticking his tongue out at her mockingly. She narrowed her eyes at him, a snarl forming on her lips. She heard the rest of her team mates sigh and mutter 'those two', but she ignored them and stomped over into position - it was her serve this time.

"Shut up, get ready."

Rin held the ball out in front of her, a cocky grin making it's way onto her face, she winked at the teammate who was playfully mocking her moments ago.

"Nice serve, Nekomata!"

"Don't mind, Rin~chan!"

Rin threw the ball into the air and she was quick to join it, running towards it like a bullet. She arched her back and bend her knees as she jumped, her hand slapped against the ball and she could feel the familiar burn in her palm. She grinned when she saw two of the "opposing" players dive for the ball. But it spun fast and landed hard.

"There's our Captain!"

Rin gave Hana a toothy grin, causing him to roll his eyes and ruffle her hair playfully.

"He's sulking again!"

Rin looked towards the opposite side of the net and sighed at the sight of her teammate, he was hunched over himself with his arms hanging at his side and his chin tucked into his chest,. Rin walked over slowly, ducking under the net and harshly bumping the sulking teammate in the back of his head. He stumbled forward, turning to look at her with both a glare and a pout. She grinned and him and tilted her head, jutting her thumb towards her chest, "You should be happy, that two power houses like us are on the same team. You'd never survive going up against me!"