School was school. Caroline was busy gabbing on about Stefan and Elena, while Stefan and Elena were in their own magical world together. They were inseparable, except for the brief moment she asked Matt how Vicki was. The animal had bit her right on the side of her neck, not taking too much blood thankfully. After school was over, the girls had gone downtown to help set up for tonight ; the night of the comet. Everyone was going to come out to watch the very same comet that came over Mystic Falls very rarely. I'd snuck off to go find Stefan, who again nobody could find after school.

I knew that Elena would want him there tonight, but I also knew that she wouldn't go ask him herself, so it was my turn to convince him to come. I pulled up to the big house, turning off my car before hopping out, and walking to the front door. The entire house seemed so...over-the-top. Caroline would've loved to live in a house so big.

I pulled down on the old-fashioned door bell by the side of the door, hearing it ring. Nobody answered, and so I glanced around to see if I could spot anyone. He said he lived with his uncle, right? I sighed, this time bringing my fist to knock on the door.

The door was unlocked because my knock was enough to gently push it open. I knew I shouldn't have stepped in, but I did anyway, gently pushing past the door. "Stefan?" I called out, my voice echoing. "Stefan?" I asked once more as I stepped inside, looking around.

The inside perfectly matched the outside. Old-fashioned, tall ceilings, rooms so big my voice echoed. I stepped onto what looked to be an extremely old, expensive dark red rug with intricate gold detailing and wondered if maybe I should've taken my shoes off at the door. Walking further inside, I saw a huge fireplace staring back at me from what looked to be a living room, and I smiled, in awe. The walls were paneled dark in the hallway beside me, little lamps hanging from each sides of the walls to illuminate the way.

This was where Stefan lived.

I glanced around some more, turning to look out of the front door, wondering if maybe someone was outside when suddenly a bird that looked a lot like the one that hid bit me, flew into through the door way, nearly flying into me. I gasped and spun around, finding a man with dark black hair, eyes so blue staring down at me.

My breath had been caught in my throat, having been startled. "I..." I shook my head, swallowing hard as I tried to find the words. "I'm sorry for barging in. The door was..." I glanced over my shoulder to see that the door was now shut. "open."

"You must be Elena's sister, Lyssa." He realized, and I figured that whoever he was must've heard about Elena from Stefan. "I'm Damon," He introduced himself. "Stefan's brother."

I furrowed my brows, trying to remember all that I knew about Stefan's life. He said that he didn't talk to any of his siblings, and never mentioned that he had a brother. "He didn't tell me he had a brother." I pointed out, looking back up at Damon.

He seemed a little older than Stefan, but nonetheless just as beautiful, romance novel gaze and all. "Well," Damon smirked. "Stefan's not one to brag. Please," He suddenly put his arm around me, and I let out a small shiver, instantly effected by his touch. "come. I'm sure Stefan will be along any second."

We stepped into the living room, and I let out a laugh, looking up. "Wow." I breathed out. "This is your living room?"

"Living room, parlor," He continued. "Sotheby's auction. It's a little kitschy for my taste." As I looked around, I found that he was still looking at me. "You wanted to see Stefan, right?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "I wanted to invite him to this thing..." I trailed off, and he knitted his brows. "Tonight's the comet." I explained, and he nodded.