I was angry to say the least. Why would she not respect my privacy? I loved her but I will so give her a piece of my mind. Thankfully I saw her with Ada. 

"What's all the yapping about?" Ada asked. 

"Ada, this is none of your business, okay? The person I am talking to knows herself." I scowled at Lyla. Ada was taken back. Her confused face suddenly turned into that of annoyance but I paid no mind to her, facing the one person I was there for. Lyla turned to look at me, her face calm as ever. 

"I gave him your number because he desperately needed it. Is there anything wrong with that." She replied and I scoffed because her calmness was more than annoying. Trust Lyla to always be cool and collected at very serious cases.

I was ready to give her a piece of my mind.

"Why can't you respect my privacy for Christ’s sake?! I didn't give him my number for a good reason. You had no fücking right!" I told her. 

"A good reason? Really?" Lyla scoffed in return, rolling her eyes and I folded my hand across my chest. "You guys were paired for the chemistry project. He gave you his number and you didn't even call him for once to meet up. It's almost a week Zaria!" Lyla's voice rose gradually. Ada got what we were talking about and rolled her eyes at me, hissing disdainfully. 

"Lyla, you fall my hand." She let out a sarcastic chuckle. "It's like you don't know who Zaria is. No matter the talk, she will never change." She chipped in sassily and I gapped at her in surprise. 

"I would have eventually called him!" I countered, trying to defend myself.

"When? Next week?" Lyla scoffed in sarcasm. "Almost everyone is done with theirs." Lyla gestured around her where the little crowd had already gathered to watch our little drama. 

"I still stand on my word that says you didn't respect my privacy!" I snapped. Ada hissed and walked away, muttering some incoherent words. I decided not to pay her any heed. 

"Cut me some slack, Zaria. I did the right thing and you know it. You are just too arrogant to admit it." Lyla snapped right back. I was awestruck. Everyone was surprised Lyla said that. 

"And you know what, Zaria. I have hands-off your case. I am done with all of this. You are on your own. When you get back to your senses, you know where to find me," Lyla concluded and walked out. 

I looked around and saw everyone looking at me. I took the little bit of dignity I had left and walked away too. 

*****

For two whole weeks, I tried my possible best to get back together with my best friends. In same two weeks, I completely forgot about the project. It was a week after and we were having Chemistry, it was also the day Mr. Ajanaku was to tell us our scores. 

"I will said the scores now and the grades," he announced, bringing out a sheet of paper from his bag. 

My eyes widened. My project! I almost screamed. 

I looked at Joel, his lips were pressed into a grim line. He looked… annoyed. 

"Joel, the project..." I started but immediately shut my mouth when he turned to look at me.