Acceptance....

"Sarah, aren't you anxious about your past???"

"What made you to ask that??"

"I see you every time so happy. You talk with everyone so freely. And....you know something.??Everybody here likes you very much. ''

"Ha.." I laughed out.

"I am not joking." He turned to me. " Mareena told me last day ...how she liked the way you care for others. She likes you very much. "

I could only reply through a smile.

"And..." He rubbed his temples," every thing about you reminds me of my Sarah.!..Everything..the way you talk...the way you smile.." His face fell," When you came here...I ...felt..like....like I've returned to my old life...How I wish you were my sister!!!" He sighed.

His words froze the air around me and left me surprised. I too wished I had a brother like him...who could care me and be with me as a protector.. A friend..
A second's silence engulfed me .

I made up my mind and said.
"Well, I am .."

He looked at me suddenly.

"Yeah Jake , consider me as your sister ...forever.. If that make you happy..if that can sooth your past.."

Pearly tears popped up at the corners of his eyes..

The waves hummed and broke to the shore....

We stood facing the moonlit silver ocean....we stood there until the moon made our shadows longer and longer....we stood there until the dawn broke out....