Zayn huffs out a breath of air, knowing that he's not gonna get anywhere with the younger lad.

"Just... be careful yeah? You know there are people out there who have special means to see us. And if they do, it could put everyone of us in danger." Zayn warns. Niall only bites on his bottom lip, refusing to meet Zayn's gaze.

Zayn stares warily at his best friend, knowing that there's something up his sleeve, but he decides not to push it. For now.

"Just go get some rest, okay? Maybe we can have a good dinner later on. Feelin' for crabs?" He asks, and immediately, a smile lights up on Niall's face, his pink lips stretching wide across his face. He nods excitedly.

"Oohh yes please!!" Niall gushes with glee, patting his tummy at the thought of the delicious food.

Zayn chuckles softly, before patting his best friend on the shoulder. "I'll see you later then, Ni."

Niall nods, watching his best mate swim out of his room, the glass door closing behind him automatically. He falls gracefully on his clam bed, sighing happily, staring up at the ceiling, watching the filtered sun rays shine through his room.

His thoughts drift off to the human up above. He finds him so, so stunning. He's slim, muscular, with an almost perfectly symmetrical face and tousled dark brown curly hair. His eyes are green, he notes, but Niall thinks that his green eyes would be beautiful, no matter what colour they actually are. Because behind them, there's an intensity, an honesty, a gentleness. That's what's makes them so beautifying. And his skin.. he finds it so beautiful. He's so tan and it's like his skin is glistening, very unlike the pasty pale ones all merfolk have.

What Niall finds absolutely endearing is the lines on his skin. Tattoos as he called them. Why are there so many random shapes and words on it? Why those chosen tattoos?

But what's the most beautiful about him, Niall thinks, is that he has the soul of an angel.

Niall grabs his shell line from underneath his pillow, staring at the shell, wondering whether he should reach out to Harry.

Before he could even ponder about it further, a familiar voice speaks up, causing his breath to hitch and his heart to race.

"Niall? Can you hear me? How does this thing even work?" The deep, husky voice asks lowly, before he hears short tapping sounds. "Hellooooo?"

Niall clamps a hand over his mouth, trying to stop the long string of giggles from leaving his lips.

"I probably should have asked him..." He hears him mumble. "Now how the hell do I get to talk to him?"

That's when Niall starts laughing, his heart soaring slightly at the thought that maybe the human wants to constantly see Niall as much as he does.

"Niall?" Harry speaks up, confused. "You can hear me?"

"Yes." Niall says, biting back a large grin.

"Great, I made a fool out of myself." Harry mumbles under his breath, but didn't go unnoticed by Niall.

"You're not a fool." Niall says, smiling widely even though Harry can't see him.

He hears Harry laughing lightly on the other end, sending little tingles from his head down to the tip of his tail at the sound.

"How does the shell line work?" Harry asks. "Can't have you eavesdropping on me when I'm thinking about you, can I?"

"Why not?" Niall asks back in a teasing tone, as he happily flaps his tail, watching the turquoise and purple muscle wave before him.