chapter thirteen

i woke up to the horrible pain i felt on my back and my head. i looked around and noticed that i was lying flat on a hard and cold concrete floor of a dirty and dark room. my hands were also tied behind me so my movements were limited.

i shook my head a few times to get rid of the headache. but it was all in vain. i could finally see clearer though.

there were two men standing in front of me. one of them was familiar and the other wasn't. the other one was an old man who wore a willy wonka tuxedo, staring at me with a wicked smile. beside him was donghun.

"donghun, what's going on?" i asked with my face showing an obviously confused look.

donghun was about to answer but the old man interfered instead. "hello, kim sarang."

i got even more confused. "but i'm lee eui."

the old man laughed aloud. "oh, sarang. poor you, my little girl." he said as he continued laughing. "now you do the explanation, lee."

donghun nodded and walked towards me. "i'm sorry, sarang." he said in a sarcastic tone.

"what did you do?!" i exclaimed as i tried to break myself free.

donghun sighed and then shook his head. "eui, your name is actually sarang. kim sarang. you're not and was never lee eui."

"what the fuck are you talking about, donghun?"

"we weren't born from the same mother. i'm not your brother, sarang." he snickered. we never even knew each other if it wasn't for the game."

things started to get more complicated. "w-what game are you talking about?"

donghun sat right in front of me. "let me explain. it's just a fun little game mr. kang here came up with. there are five players and each player is assigned with a doll. in this case, i'm the player and you're my doll.

this is how the game goes. by hurting or injuring the doll physically without getting caught, the players get money! the worse the pain, the bigger the price. the winner, which is the one who hurts the most and gets the most money throughout the game, gets all the other players' money."

donghun cupped my face and gave me a kiss on the forehead. "and thanks to you, baby, i became the winner."

i chuckled nervously. "so y-you used me to get money?!" i exclaimed with increasing volume.

the old man walked forward as donghun got up and walked away. "yes, sarang. and it made his job a lot easier since you've lost your memory. with the experiences of a psychiatrist, he gave you fake memories and changed your identity. now, you're lee eui. what happened to kim sarang? she is dead, which you will be in a matter of minutes."

i changed my focus back at donghun who was standing behind the man. "so you killed jun?! you fucking killed him!"

donghun grabbed my hair and pulled my head aback."you don't understand, sarang. i needed the money!"

i started crying. my face was extremely red as i was absolutely angry. "what does this have to do with me? what did i do wrong? what did jun do wrong?!"

"the guy didn't do anything, my child. but he interfered. you were supposed to be in the accident but he decided to be the hero. pathetic." said the old man.

donghun let go of my hair after being ordered to do so by the old man who referred himself as mr. kang.

mr. kang snapped his fingers, showing that he remembered something. "oh, right. it's about time you meet your real brother."

"bring him out!" he ordered to who knows who.

just then, two men came out of the darkness while dragging another man who had brown hair. the brown-haired man looked miserable. his clothes looked horrible. there were bruises all over him. the men threw him onto the ground, about three feet in front of me.

"sarang!" he shouted in joy but with a weak voice before forcing his body towards me.

one of the two men then cut the rope that was holding my hands in place. i didn't know the man but i crawled to him to place his head on my lap.

a few moments later, i could finally remember.

"sehyoon?"