23.

"So to my house then?" I ask Tooru, as I dry off Seiji with a towel, rubbing to soft fabric all over his face and back.

"For sure,"  he pauses for a moment, "But I have practice tomorrow so I'll have to leave early."

"That's alright with us," I smile, as I pull a shirt over Seiji's head, and find my clothes as well.  I get dressed quickly, my damp swimsuit making it difficult. When I'm finished with my struggle, we make our way to the exit. The sun is starting to go down, meaning it's time for us to leave. We stayed for a little more than a few hours, and Seiji's eyes are beginning to droop. It's only a matter of time before he asks me to carry him the rest of the way home. At least Tooru is carrying the bag this time, and the temperature isn't awful.

Sure enough, within five minutes of leaving, Seiji tugs at my shirt, looking up at me with wanting eyes, "Up?" He asks softly.

I nod, scooping him up, as he wraps his arms around my neck. We continue the walk home as Seiji falls asleep, and Tooru continues to talk to me.

"So, (Y/N)-chan," I winks, "I've been thinking."

"That's never good," I sigh wondering what it was about this time.

He rolls his eyes with a small smile, "Do you think Seiji could meet my family?"

My breath catches in my chest, as I process his question again. Family. Seiji never got to meet my family, because they practically disowned me, but I always used to imagine him happy in a big family with aunts and uncles and grandparents. Of course I'd abandoned this idea after I had him, but still, it was always a dream. And now he could have that. And I want him to have that. But I just couldn't imagine myself meeting them. I'm sure they hate me. Keeping their grandchild away from them, and more importantly away from Tooru. I'm sure they know just as well as I do that he's a good person, and I'm sure they think he could handle being a dad. Still, having kids so young, I'm sure they don't approve of that. But the idea of having a family again still gnaws at me. Why can't Tooru just slow down, and be happy for the small family we have? I know it's selfish for me to ask him not to share Seiji with his family, if I had a good relationship with mine I would do the same. But still, it's all so overwhelming.

"If I can't that's okay," he says quietly, "I don't mean to rush you into anything. And we have lots of time-"

"Just let me think about it okay?" I ask, almost inaudible.

He nods, "Why wouldn't you want to?"

I don't answer him as we reach my apartment, and I fumble with my keys. I drop them repeatedly, and finally he opens the door for me. Taking off my shoes and Seiji's, I step inside, with Tooru close behind me. I go and lay out a pallet on the floor for Seiji, setting him down on it gently. I turn back to grab the bag from Tooru, and begin putting things away.

He still patiently awaits my answer, I can tell by looking at his widened eyes, "Have you told them about Seiji and me yet?" I ask him, wondering why the question came up all the sudden.

"Well not exactly," He starts, "I'm honestly not sure how. Everyone's pretty understanding, and I think I'm just nervous."

"You're nervous?" I ask, surprised he admitted it to me, "I'm even more nervous, I'm the one who never told you."

"They'll just be mad at me for not taking care of you," he shrugs, "I don't think it'll blow back on either of you."

I nod slowly considering this.

He watches me fidgeting before he continues, "Plus it wouldn't be anything too serious, we could just go spend a day with them, and them come right back here. We could go swim or eat or-"