5.

Together, we start towards a diner on the top of the hill. It's not particularly fancy, after all, we're headed there with Seiji whose still caked in dirt. Still, it's known for having the best curry, and for being my favorite. Tooru chose it knowing that, in some attempt to continue to entrance me.

He's playing his cards well, doing everything he can to make me happy, before he asks for something. I know what he's going to ask, the climax he hopes this day will end with, but I can't say wether I'll refuse or not. Now, I'm more focused on eating than making life altering decisions.

We make it to the diner, Seiji holding my hand as we are given seats next to the window. He scribbles away, with such force he's almost breaking the crayons they gave him, on a paper that has an intricate ocean design. My gaze wanders to Tooru, who hasn't reached for the menu yet, and he doesn't seem like he wants to. His brown eyes are focused on Seiji, but suddenly they dart to mine. His attractive features change, as his eyes ask the same question that seems to linger in the air.

I drop our eye contact, as a waitress comes to our table and we order food. She grins merrily, and returns to the kitchen, while an uncomfortable silence lingers between Tooru and I.

"(F/N), how late can we stay out today?" He asks, trying to fill the silence.

I shrug, wrapping an arm around Seiji's tiny body, "Until he's falling asleep... Since it's Saturday I don't really mind if it's late, but I do have work tomorrow."

Tooru grins, and his toned arm reaches across the table to pick up one of Seiji's crayons. He goes on to begin coloring between the lines of a large fish. He looks content, childish even. It reminds me so much of when we were little...

•••

We stand in front of an unfamiliar apartment building, as Tooru excitedly pulls out his phone, texting away rapidly to the person who we're supposed to meet inside. The entire scenario seems shady, but I haven't put an end to Tooru's schemes yet.

Finally, another tall man steps out through the apartment doors. I can barely make out his features except spiky black hair and a stocky build. As he gets closer, I realize I know him.

This could play out a few different ways...

"Woah it is (L/N)." He chuckles, wrapping me in a tight hug before pulling away, "You look great."

"T-Thanks Iwaizumi." I smile, rubbing the back of my neck as he crouched down to look at Seiji. Immediately his eyes dart from me to Tooru then back. His glance towards Tooru was threatening, almost saying "How could you screw up", however towards me, his eyes were softer.

I bite my tongue before I can say something to defend myself, and watch him introduce himself to Seiji. My eyes meet Tooru's as I see his face in a twisted expression. I can't seem to decipher it, the way his brows are furrowed, with an uneasy smile playing on his lips. I extend my arm out to his, as he takes my hand, his expression easing slightly.

"Where to?" Iwaizumi asks, standing up with Seiji clambering around in his arms.

"Ice cream?" Seiji suggests, pouting slightly.

"That works." I smile, watching as Tooru takes Seiji out of Iwaizumi's arms. He places the toddler on his shoulders once more before walking ahead.

Iwaizumi walks by my side, as the two brunettes laugh with each other. He turns to say something, but stops, almost like he's afraid. He rubs at his neck for a moment before finally saying something, "He would've given everything to come back if you told him."

I nod, knowing he's right. Tooru means well, and he's trying hard to force his way into our lives, but I'm not sure he knows what he's getting himself into. Sure, being with Seiji is fun on days like this, but when he's sick or stubbornly refusing to do something, it's different.

"But would he still?" I smile softly, as Iwaizumi takes a moment to consider my question. I watch him contemplate, my eyes tracing his spiky hair which hasn't changed since high school. Like Oikawa, seeing him takes me back to what feels like a different life.

"It's obvious that he would." He tells me, as we reach the ice cream shop. Tooru and Seiji wait for us before heading inside. As the smell of waffle cones fills my nose, Seiji tugs at my hand, forcing me to crouch down to meet his wide brown eyes.

"What kind do you want?" I ask him, as I lift him off the ground and rest him on my hip. His eyes widen once more when he sees the flavors on display, they dart back and forth looking at the bright colored sorbet and dark brown chocolate. I hold him their for a few moments, waiting for him to choose, but he takes his time. I suppose I'd be overwhelmed too if I were him. We usually just go to the corner store for ice cream, which has far fewer options than this.

"What do you get Mommy?" He asks, tilting his head to the side as he pokes my cheek with his index finger.

"She always gets the (fav/flavor)," Tooru answers for me, looking proud for remembering.

"I want chocolate." Seiji grins finally, pointing excitedly to the tub sitting behind the glass case.

"Chocolate it is," I smile, before ordering for both me and Seiji. Iwaizumi and Oikawa both offer to pay, but in the end I turn them both down, deciding it's best that I don't owe them anything.

We take our ice cream outside to the bench in front of the shop, and watch the people passing by. Seiji squirms in my lap, as I constantly wipe away the ice cream dripping down his face.

"It's getting late." I breathe, looking up at the orange painted sky. The men beside me grunt in agreement, neither of them furthering our conversation.

"What are you guys doing tomorrow?" Iwaizumi asks, almost as if he's assuming we're spending another day together.

"I have work, so Seiji will be with my friend," I answer, ruffling the his hair, which has turned into a state of disarray.

"I could watch him," Tooru offers too eagerly. His voice begs for me to say yes, and I surprise even myself with my quick answer.

"That'd be great."