Chapter 1: The Dayy Bus

"You know what? I don't care!" I storm out of the house and jump on my bike. As I pedal, I imagine I'm on a Firebolt, whizzing down the quidditch pitch. I fly past row upon row of perfectly manicured lawns, furious about some argument I had with my mom about who knows what. Whatever, everything can be fixed with some Harry Potter binge reading, although sometimes I wish I could just leave, jump on the Knight Bus and find a way to Hogwarts. I bet I would be so talented, Dumbledore would have no choice but to accept me.

       A voice jerks me out of my fantasy. I look over my shoulder and gasp. It was one of those double-decker tourist buses, but instead of having ads for things like tourist attractions, it had ads for wands and brooms. Across the top of the bus reads 'The Dayy Bus'. I brake in surprise, and so does the bus. The doors open and a man greets me with a wide smile. "Hello, I'm Sal Shunpike! Welcome to the Dayy Bus. It's like the Knight Bus over in Britain, except instead of Knight, like night, MACUSA named it the Dayy bus, like day. I personally found it hilarious." Sal stopped to take a breath and looked over at me. "Uh... Hi. Am I hallucinating?" Sal laughed. "Of course not! Wait..." He stared at me for a second, then sighed. "I did it again, haven't I. I dropped in on some witch who didn't know she was one. I'll just get it over with then. You're a witch! Congrats! Also, surprise. Harry Potter was a biography! Yay!" I laugh. "I would think I'm crazy but I've read the books enough times that I'll just go with the flow for now and hope I don't land in an asylum mumbling about the Wizarding World". Sal smiles, then takes out a letter from his jean pocket. "Hey, you don't by any chance know who Nadia Lin is, do you?" I look into his piercing brown eyes. "Yeah, actually, that's me."

     Sal reaches over and gives me the letter. "Lucky you! You were accepted to the Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." Wait... Is this for real? Am I dehydrated? Whatever. At this point, I really don't care anymore. If this isn't real, Sal is doing an awfully good job at acting. I wonder if I can rent the bus. I frown. "Aren't you supposed to go to school at 11? I'm thirteen." Sal shakes his head. "MACUSA changed it. I have no idea why. They did it a while ago actually. Probably because of everything with Grindelwald and Voldemort and whatnot..." I shrug. I didn't care as long as my dream was coming true. It hasn't really sunk in yet, honestly. Suddenly, a thought comes to my head. Oh no... I look down at the road. "What am I going to tell my parents?" Sal looks around the bus. "I have no passengers at the moment. I'll just come with you. There's a new spell that eases No-Maj minds into believing in the Wizarding World. It's quite helpful, but dangerous to those who abuse it." I nod gratefully, then roll my bike up the ramp Sal had just created with a flick of his wand. "Thanks for everything, Sal." He blushes. "I try to be kinder than my older brother. He's not very nice, so I have to be nice for the both of us." Sure, why not. Sal walks over to the driver's seat and in a second the bus is at my house. I look out the window with wide eyes. "Did you just apparate the whole bus?" The bus doors open. "I'm not that great of a wizard. I just pressed that button over there and told the bus where I wanted to go." I laugh. "I'm so glad this isn't like the Knight Bus. I probably would have thrown up my lunch."

 --Btw, I'm really sorry this chapter is so short, the next one will be longer ;)--Mind-if-i-slytherin