Chapter 4. Poker night

Start from the beginning

When she surfaced from the water, all Kenna saw were the retreating backs of the other girls. She gasped and swam towards her remaining article of clothing; her sneakers. Shivering from the chill, she looked really pissed.

"Well then, if that's the way you want it; then let the games begin," she muttered smugly to herself.

XXX

The next day Addison, who was having a piggyback ride on Zoey, and Nicol trudged towards their bunkers. They were very tired because of the basketball game they played that morning. Tired as they were, the three were giggling about something.

"I swear I saw her evil clothes hanging all the way across the mess hall this morning," Nicole joked and the three giggled again.

"I'm so tired. I swear I am crawling back into bed and sleeping until lunch." Addison moaned with a yawn. Zoey suddenly put her down while she looked towards their bunker with a horrified expression.

"That doesn't seem like a possibility, babe," she said, still looking up.

Addison gave her an unbelieving look, "Why not?" she asked.

"That's 'why not.'" Zoey said, pointing towards the roof of their bunkers. The other two looked up and then looked surprised. On top of the roofs perched three beds and three trunks of the girls. To top it off, the English flag was waving mockingly over them.

"No. Way." Addison said in a mix of shock and anger, not believing her eyes as she crossed her arms in front of her and surveyed the revenge.

XXX

That night, three girls in black, clutching bulging sacks made their way towards the Navajo bunkers. They stifled their giggles and whispering as they set off to work. They poured oil on the floor and made a web out of strings that upon being hit or pulled will set off boobie traps. They also poured honey over one of the girl's body, sprayed whip cream on the head of another and prepared a big pail of chocolate syrup. When their work was done and their sacks were empty, they crept away as quietly as they came.

XXX

It was morning once again and the bugle call sounded which started off the day. Kenna was the first one to wake up and she was in mid-stretch when she opened her eyes and saw the web of strings around the bunker. She sat up with a gasp and slowly climbed out of bed surveying her surroundings. She stepped on the oil and her face grimaced in disgust as she yelped. This awoke her other roommates and they too surveyed their surroundings with consecutive screams and 'eeewws' as they saw what had been done to them.

One of the girls' was covered in whip cream, the other had green spikey hair, while another had honey all over her and the last had her bed filled with fake spiders.

"Oh...my...god." Shelby gasped loudly, being the one with the whipped cream in her hair, she shrieked and sat up.

"Eeeeeewwww!" Lola cried, getting out of bed and looking down at her honey covered self.

Kenna tried to move forward but her ankles hit one of the strings, setting in motion a boobie trap where a set of water filled balloons fell towards her. She shrieked as she dodged the four small water balloons and looked satisfied with herself when she didn't get hit with any of them.

"But she didn't get me," she said with a smug smile and then looked up to see a really big water balloon falling towards her. She let out another shriek and covered her head with her hands as the balloon exploded and doused her.

Addison, Zoey and Nicole were at the Navajo bunkers window watching the scene unfold and laughing because their plan had worked quite smoothly.

"That girl is without a doubt, the lowest most awful creature to ever walk the planet!" Kenna exclaimed angrily, flourishing her arms dramatically.

"Thank you, thank you very much." Addison said outside the window, impersonating Elvis perfectly, while her friends giggled.

Just then, Marvas Sr. accompanied by Marvas Jr. passed by the trio. She held up the bullhorn towards them and gave them a cheery good morning to which the girls replied with a cheery one of their own. "Morning Marvas!" After looking back into the Navajo bunker window for the rest of the show, the three were hit with the realization of what just happened and they turned again in horror.

"Marvas!" they exclaimed in unison and rushed off in the direction the camp counsellor took. Addison abruptly stopped when she saw Marvas just in front of her, a few feet away. Zoey and Nicole crashed onto her because of the sudden halt.

"Surprise inspection!" Marvas said into the bullhorn and looked at the Navajo cabin.

"Navajos!" she said in a sing-song voice. Addison rushed to stoop the counsellor from going inside the cabin while her friends ran away from trouble. She positioned herself in front of the door leading to the Navajo bunker but Marvas tried to get through.

"No, no, don't go in there!" she said in a pleading voice, positioning herself, arms spread across the screen door while Kenna opened the blinds to see what she was up to.

"One of the girls got sick last night and it's a huge mess. Save yourself the aggravation. It's really disgusting." Addison tried to stop the two women again, eyeing the bucket of chocolate syrup above their heads.

"Well, if someone's sick, dear, then I must go in –" Marvas said insistently and tried to get past Addison again, pulling on the door but the girl slams it shut with her body.

"Move aside, dear," Marvas said urgently and tried to pull the door open once again.

"No, really, I can't let you go in there. I insist. She's highly contagious." Addison pleaded and Kenna rolled her eyes and walked towards the door, opening the wooden one behind the screen door.

"Actually, we're all fine in here. Unless Addison knows something we don't know." Kenna said innocently, her flicking up to the string attached to their screen door and following it to see the bucket of chocolate syrup. She smirked to herself. "Really, honest! Open the door and see for yourself ma'am."

"Step aside, Addison." Marvas Sr. and at this point, Addison could do nothing more to stop her. The camp counsellor opened the door and was immediately covered with chocolate syrup. In an attempt to help her mother, Marvas Jr. pushed her and took the place of being underneath the waterfall of chocolate. The two were covered in chocolate and slipped onto the oiled floor until the very end of the bunker where they hit some shelves and fell on their asses, much to the aghast of everyone who witnessed it. Finally, Marvas Jr. was able to stand with the help of a doll attached to a string which was attached to the knob of the ceiling fan. Pulling on it entailed the turning on of the fan which showered everyone in the room with white feathers, much to their dismay.

"I told you it was a mess in here." Addison breathed desperately and nervously and Kenna shot daggers at her.

"She should know..." she hissed. "She did it!" she cried angrily.

"You!" a chocolate and feather covered Marvas Sr. pointed at Addison, "And you!" she yelled angrily also pointing at Kenna, "Pack your bags!"