Chapter 2: Big Bro

Seiichi was always the best of us. The favourite of our Father, the favourite of the teachers, the favourite even among the students. He had good grades, good relationships, while I never had the spotlight. Even if I saw him as an inspirational figure, I couldn't help being jealous. I mean, I was basically the female version of him since we were twins, but nothing ever came out of that realization.

"Mira, you coming?" Seiichi called me from the gates of the school.

I jogged up to him with my brightest smile.

"We're really lucky that the asshole from yesterday didn't complain."

"I don't want to know what Father would have said..." I shivered at the thought.

We passed through the courtyard, hearing motorcycles in the parking.

"Oh, that must be Dokyeom," I smiled spotting the yellow motorcycle in the distance.

"Dokyeom of the vocals department?" Seiichi questioned.

"Vocals department?"

"Yeah, this school has different 'departments' for talents. Vocals, rap and dance are just a few of them."

"Okay, well I guess it is Dokyeom of the vocals department."

I waved at him when he was close enough to recognize me.

"Be careful around the departments, they almost act like gangs. The people I met yesterday thought I was from a different department from theirs and almost beat me up."

We didn't exchange more than that before Dokyeom joined up with us. He instantly turned to Seiichi.

"Is he your boyfriend?"

We both looked at each other in disgust: "Nah, he's my brother."

"That's why you both look so similar!" He changed the subject, "did you hear the news? Some girls in the journalism department caught Soonyoung of the dance department being beat up!"

My face went tomato red: "W-what?!"

"I know right? He's always acting so tough, but he went down with one punch!"

Seiichi had a proud expression on his face under his concerned expression. As his twin, I could tell.

"Did they have cameras?" I pressed.

"Of course, they even carry them in the classrooms. I heard from a couple of the girls that it was going to be in the school newspaper this morning."

Almost as if it was planned, some girls circled my brother with the newspaper, screaming like crazy fan girls.

"You're so cool, Seiichi!"

"Oh my god, I didn't know you were such a bad boy! It's hot!"

"Good thing you beat up Soonyoung, you're so handsome!"

These girls were absolutely ridiculous. My brother didn't even have the time to land a word to shut them up or whatever he intended to do. It was at these moments that he became unreachable. I took one of the newspapers that a girl had dropped. The title read: "Soonyoung gets the beating of his life by the mysterious transfer-student Seiichi!" The photo was of Soonyoung laying on the ground, holding his bleeding nose while Seiichi looked down on him. Way to make him look like a delinquent. At least I was cropped out of the photo...

"Do you know why your brother beat him up?" Dokyeom asked.

"Are you always this curious?" I laughed and entered the school with Dokyeom, leaving my brother to bask in the attention of those girls.

Inside, the 'fight' was all everyone talked about. Every department suddenly had their eyes on Seiichi. Everyone wanted to recruit him.

"Did you decide which department you wanted to join?" Dokyeom tried to start a discussion.

"Probably not the dance department," I smiled.

"What's wrong with the dance department?" Some voice I didn't recognize said behind us.

We turned around, meeting eyes with some menacing guy. He was the tallest guy I had met to this point. His hair was an orange-brown, constrasting with his dark eyes. His voice was soothingly calm.

I was about to say something, but Dokyeom covered for me. It was for the best, I attracted less attention this way.

"Nothing's wrong! Did you hear about Soonyoung?"

"Hm, I just wish I could've been the one to beat him up."

The tall guy ajusted his bag and walked away, not even giving me a glance. I started breathing normally, the pressure had left.

Before I could add anything Dokyeom's hands were on my shoulders and he was pushing me towards the classroom.

"We'll talk inside, it's safer."

When I was sitting down, he brought his chair closer to my desk.

"Okay, who was that just then?" I asked, because the way he talked made it seem like he was in the dance department, but then, the way he talked about Soonyoung...

"That was Kim Mingyu of the rap department."

"Eh, the guy who became super popular on youtube by making rap covers?"

"That's him."

"I didn't even recognize him!"

"Yeah, well, he doesn't flaunt his popularity in everybody's faces," he sighed. "Anyways, don't hang around with them. If you ask my opinion, they are scarier than any other department."

I inched closer to him with a smile on my face. My head was leaning on my hands as I watched Dokyeom's reaction.

"What about the vocal department?"

He backed away, trying to hide the redness of his cheeks.

"You're really curious, aren't you?" He said, throwing my own words back at my face.

I almost fell from my chair at that moment from that unexpected comeback. The bell rang and we went back to our seats. The teacher started the class right before a loud 'boom' was heard in the hallway. Our heads turned towards the source of the sound. I exchanged a confused look with Dokyeom, and the door slammed open. I jumped in my seat in fear while a few people screamed.

"Don't do that again," the teacher warned, "go sit."

"W-who...?" I whispered, trying to see the person still in the hallway.

The person entered the classroom. I immediately recognized the silver-grey hair and that menacing look. He had a bandage on his nose and it looked like he was fuming in anger. Did he skip his first day of class? Wait, does that mean that I'm stuck with this guy in my class for the rest of the semester?! His hands were in his pockets as he walked to the back of the class, to the seat...NEXT TO MINE! I kind of hoped Seiichi would be here.