i: The Discovery of the Witch

Start from the beginning

After being lost in thought for what felt like seven months - because she was reliving that the things that had happened to her - she suddenly felt as if she woke up from a dream to the sound of a knock on her bedroom door. Now, normally, Quinn would simply say 'come in' and allow the stranger - or in this case, her dad - to come in. But, considering moments ago Quinn was practising magic, she was in an obvious state of panic.

"Quinn! Someone's here to see you!" Her dad called out.

Shit, shit, shit, was all that was racing through her brain and she began to panic and throw things underneath her bed, her closet and possibly out the window. At this point she didn't even know where everything was going because she was simply throwing things around, trying to hide them in the best way possible without this new mysterious someone noticing.

"Uh - one moment, dad!" Quinn yelled back.

In the distance could hear a deep voice through the door causing her to pause and pressed her ear against the thin walls. There was a man in her living room conversing so naturally with her father. She couldn't help eavesdropping, but in doing so, she didn't realise that she was so lost in thought that she didn't hear the mysterious person enter the room. Automatically thinking it was her dad, Quinn panicked. "I said one moment! I - uh - I can explain..."

Quinn quickly spun around, from looking at the wall, to see a man that was most definitely not her dad. Instead, the man standing in front of her happened to be a man of average height, wearing a, possibly, hundred-million-dollar suit and had a bruised face, almost as if he was in a fight, which caused Quinn to furrow her eyes. Well, she furrowed them after she had a mini-inner-freak-out with her eyes widened and mouth agape.

"Close your mouth, you might catch flies," he said snarkily as he began to walk around and study her room. Quinn closed her mouth and spun around and stared at him as he walked around her room. "Y-you're Tony Stark," Quinn blurted, obviously still in shock at the man who was standing five feet away from her.

"And you're Quinn Allard," he said turning around and pointing to the young girl, who had a small scar on her cheek after she was attacked by a rock when she was blown back from her own spell. The scar was beginning to scab over as it did only happen less than a month ago. Quinn simply blinked, shocked that the Tony Stark knew who she, a pathetic newbie witch from Queens, was.

Quinn opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Tony seemed to realise that she was trying to ask how he knew who she was and simply answered the unasked question, "It was easy. Earthquakes, odd 'magical' occurrences happening...here in Queens of all places. Not great at covering your tracks though."

Quinn gave him a short nod before turning her head to see her mother's diary, laying open with multiple spells written down. Tony noticed the object sitting on her desk and went over to have a look at it, but Quinn was quick and slammed the diary shut after Tony had read possibly five or ten spells. Tony raised his eyes at her as he held his arm close to him. "Why are you here?" Quinn asked, slightly agitated that he was snooping.

Tony waved his hand and turned away from her, looking at the herbs and candles littering her room. "I'll talk about that in a bit." Tony's eyes were glued to the herbs and candles that were laying on her floor. Some tumbled over after her throwing some of them out of the way in a frenzy. Tony pointed to the items on the floor and looked at Quinn. Quinn caught on to what he was wondering and sighed leaning against her desk.

"In my mom's diary, it mentions that you need herbs and lit candles to amp up the mojo. I don't really understand it, but it helps, somehow," Quinn explained causing Tony to give her a small nod. All was silent for a few more moments before Tony sat down on the girl's bed. Quinn pulled out her desk chair and sat down. "So, why are you here?"