Chapter 1~

"Melissa if you are not down the stairs in under 2 minutes I am leaving without you AND you will miss the opportunity to meet the new boy band who is still unknown." Nina screamed from downstairs. 

      Nina was my best friend in LA, we met while auditioning for a show extra but we ended getting two lead roles as sisters in The View.  We got our show almost a year ago, actually 2 days after I moved to LA. 2 days after he chose her over me.  

     I threw on some shorts and a tank top before walking out to the living room. Nina and I shared a flat just a few blocks down from the studio, so it was easier for us to go to and from. "Nina lets go. Should we just walk there...or drive. I kinda feel like walking," I was kind of implying that we should walk but I don't know if she got the message. 

“umm I guess we can walk. Oh my gosh I am so excited for today!! What if the boy band is like The Wanted... ohh or maybe its like some hot undiscovered band. That would be a good one.” She was practically skipping her way to the studio. 

I burst out laughing seeing her like this. Between laughs I managed to get out, “that...was....priceless...ohmygosh!!!” She gave me her death stare, but she quickly stopped when we got to the studio. There were tons and tons of girls lined up.. but for what?  “HI GIRLS! WHY ARE YOU SITTING OUTSIDE OUR STUDIO??” Nina screamed at them. They all turned and started screaming like banshies. We quickly made our escape into the studio, only to run into our boss Mary. 

Mary was in her mid 40’s, but she defiantly had kick to her. With my mom back in England, she was my mom here in LA. She was fun, energetic, annoying and strict all at the same time. “Well hello my beautiful girls!” She said while giving us both hugs. “Hi Mary!” We said it at the same time, which caused us to all burst out laughing. “MARY WHO IS THIS BOY BAND THAT IS COMING TO THE STUDIO TONIGHT?!” Nina screamed in both of our ears. 

Mary took a deep breath and sighed. “Well the show will start at the normal 10.. oh it’s One Direction. Apparently some really hot boy band or something”

It felt like my whole world just fell out from under me. No this can’t be happening. I just can’t. I can’t see him again...it will hurt too much. Tears silently welled in my eyes, and i pushed them back. I had to be strong and not show it. I knew exactly what I was going to do. “Hey Mary how would you feel if I died my hair... brown?” I was naturally a red head, but that was the old me. Brown is the new me. 

“Honey, I have no problem with it, just make sure it looks natural and don’t do it yourself. I did that.. and I’m never going back. Alright girls your “scripts” are on the table. If i were you I wouldn’t even read them. They are pointless.” Like I said, Mary is amazing. 

“Alright Mary! I guess we are going to get our hair done....” Nina chirped awkwardly. 

We walked out of the studio arm in arm and decided we would go see our friend Andro, who just happened to be a hair stylist. It was about a mile walk down to the salon, and there was a Starbucks on the way so we could manage. 

When we finally reached Starbucks, I was surprised to see only a few people there. I saw Matt, the extremely hot guy who works here. I skipped up to the counter trying to scare him. “Boo!” He barely flinched, but acted like he was scared shitless.

“OH MY GOD MELISSA DON’T DO THAT! YOU KNOW I SCARE EASILY!!” He screamed. We both laughed until tears were rolling down my face. “Matt can I have the usual? Oh and add some extra vanilla, pleaseeee” I drew out the please for extra emphasis. With a nod he got my usual drink. 

I turned to Nina, “I am going Chocolate Brown. I don’t even care, I want to change.” She was looking at me like I was crazy, but that smile turned into a huge smile. 

“I knoww why!! You want to impress someone!” She said giggling. I do NOT want to impress Louis, I’m not in love with him anymore... “Matt” I burst out laughing, I laughed so hard I couldn’t breath. When I finally regained my sanity, I tried to explain, “Oh my gosh Nina. You crack me up. I’m not trying to impress him. Hun, I am not trying to impress anyone, I swear.” I told her the whole truth. 

We finally got to Andro’s studio, and we walked in to find it almost packed. “Andro hun! Where are you? I have an emergency!!!!!” I screamed knowing that he would stop what he was doing and come right over.

After almost 20 seconds, Andro comes running over with wide open arms. “Hello my love! What can I do for you with this?” He said while playing with my hair. “Brown. Chocolate brown. I want this color gone. That was the old me, and that is the new fresh me.” I said while looking as bubbly as possible. 

After almost 2 hours of sitting and smelling the rotten smell of dye, I was a brunette. I was honestly quite surprised, I actually looked more beautiful if you ask me. It flowed perfectly and it looked so natural it was almost scary. “Mmmm mmm honey you look like a sex goddess.” Andro said while putting the finishing touches on my hair.  

“Thanks Andro it is beautiful! Alright we have to go get ready for the show. Muah!” I gave him two kisses and walked out the door. 

Nina and I hit the mall  and I spent almost $500 on new cloths, while Nina only spent $150. I felt like a whole new me. Shopping was the only way for me not to think about what was going to happen tonight...