[5] Pray For Busan

Start from the beginning

This made things more complicated. The buyer had to be Ross, so how was I to get the upper hand when we're both here?

"If it'll help any, turn your-" Nona's voice cut off to be replaced by a woman speaking a language I couldn't comprehend. A part of me sensed a bit of familiarity, but it was overcome by confusion and wonder. 

Interference, how? Someone nearby had to be communicating in the same manner Nona and I was. The voice was soft but still held some sense of authority as the unknown words poured into my ear.

I tried to keep my face neutral as I walked. The voice hushed and to ensure Nona had returned, I muttered a 'hello?' Her response was quick and eased my worries slightly by the time I reached the bar. I ordered a drink and noticed the woman in the olive green patterned dress join me a few feet away.

My drink was put before me. I clutched the cold glass within my hand and placed it against my lips, cooling the sensitive skin. I noticed the woman mutter to herself before shifting in her stance to gaze behind her. Her expression remained emotionless as her dark brown eyes watched with intent.

I took several sips of my beverage and decided to strike up a conversation with the woman. Turning to her, I was surprised to see she had already vanished. Her drink appeared to not have been touched.

Questions rambled on in my mind and I wondered how this night would play out. Things were supposed to be simple, but things never worked out the way I intended them to. The indirect encounters I made created an unsettling feeling within me. 

I took a deep breath and refocused. If any mishaps were to take place, they would be dealt with as they occurred. 

I covered my mouth before discreetly muttering, "things got a bit more complicated."

"Kick some ass if you must," Nona said.

There was a lot I wanted to fill her in with but knew I couldn't. A part of me had felt that Nona should have come along, especially at this moment when I needed to talk through my thoughts. Though, if it came to it, I know she'd come to my aid.

I turned to face the crowd and in doing so, my eyes were drawn to the second floor. Bulky men made their way in and I noticed the metal detector in the entry room light the walls in red. The men strode out of the room with haste, the red light not letting up as each entered into the casino. 

They came in strapped. I counted eight before the man of the hour showed his face.

"Showtime," I told Nona.

"About damn time."

I decided it was best to spectate for now and step in when I found it necessary to do so. It would be best to not draw attention to myself, especially with Agent Ross being present. Something told me things weren't going to end well tonight.

I walked and made my way to the edge of the room, all the while keeping Klaue in my peripheral. He made his way through the crowd and stopped once he faced Agent Ross. The CIA agent rose to his feet and inched away from the game he had been playing. The men were in my direct line of view, but still, I remained out of sight. Words were exchanged that didn't reach my ears. I attempted to focus my hearing on the two men but to no avail. It was harder with multiple noises filling my ears and I only managed to accomplish in making the room louder. There were parts to my abilities I hadn't yet mastered.

I ensured no one was within earshot as I communicated with Nona, "I can't focus my hearing, but Agent Ross is the buyer. I think they're going to try to go about making the exchange here, now."

"Keep me updated. If you need me, say the word."

Agent Ross appeared uncomfortable as the conversation went on. Klaue remained cool all the while, his lips curling into a playful grin every so often. It angered me to look at him acting so carefree while committing a crime.