The port

The men ran around frantically trying to get everything ready for port. I used a rope to slide down from my perch on the sail and landed softly on the deck. Papa's voice was in full captain mode, giving everyone a job. As soon as I landed, I had one as well.
"Hope, love, help Thomas get the sails down." He pushed me slightly toward Thom and I nodded my head and started helping with the sails.
"Hey Jones!" Thom yelled from the opposite side of one of the sails.
"Yes Thom?" I tied a loose knot around the sail and its post.
"Nothin. I'm just bored." He said tying knot around his end.
"Don't let papa hear that." I laughed, "he'll have you cleaning everything until its spotless." Thom cracked a smile and laughed his deep soulful laugh. We continued pulling up the rest of the sails until they were all up. Mama was steering the ship into port as Thom and I slid down ropes, seeing who could get to deck quicker. He, being heavier than me, won. He beat me by about 2 seconds, and in those 2 seconds I had time to change direction so I landed on him and caused him to fall. I saw his startled face and busted out with laughter.
"Ow..." He groaned, "you think this is funny?" He weezed out. That's when I realized my mistake. I tried to get away but he quickly grabbed me and started tickling my sides.
"Stoooop." I choked put between laughs and giggles and tried to push his hands away.
"Alright. Break it up guys." Henry started pulling us apart.
"She started it." Thom pointed at me.
"Did not!" I exclaimed and stuck my tongue out at him.
"Ok children. C'mon hope. Killian and mom are waiting." Henry reached his hand down to help me up. I gladly took it and stood, dusting myself off.
"Care if I come with?" Thom stood and drapped an arm on henry(who was slightly shorter) and leaned on him.
"I see no problem with it. C'mon." Henry walked away toward where mama and papa were standing on the shore waiting for us. Thom and I followed Henry and met up with my parents.
"Thomas joining us today?"
"Yes capt'n." Thomas nodded
"Alright. I've sent smee's group to fetch food, and creeley's group for water and rum."
"That leaves us to roam around." Mama said finishing papas sentence.
"I need a few more corsets and a new pair of boots." I pointed to the whole that was beginning to wear in the bottom of my shoe.
"Aye. I suppose the seamstress then." Papa turned toward the busy little town. It was busling with pirates and thieves alike. We headed for the seamstress building. Inside, a red-head woman who looked a few years older than mama stood sewing up a shirt. She looked up when she heard us open the door.
"Captains." She nodded to mama and papa, " what can I get for you today hook?" She put down her needle and thread and came around the corner.
"Ariel. We told you you dont have to be so formal with us." Mama said with a smile as she hugged Ariel.
"But if I don't give you the respect you deserve, then others might start doin the same thing." Ariel said and hugged mama back.
"We're here to get the pirate princess a couple corsets and a new pair of boots." Papa said. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Henry and Thom whispering to each other, but they were far enough away from me that I couldn't hear them no matter how hard I tried, so I turned my attention back to Ariel.
"What colours?" She asked as she headed for a large set of drawers. She opened one and I saw an assortment of corsets.
"Red, black, and white." I said pointing to three different ones. The red one had black string and details, the black had grey string and details, and the white had forrest green like mama's eyes. Ariel put the three into a box along with a pair of black leather knee high boots, a few new shirts and a couple pairs of trousers.
"Thanks Ariel." I took the box from her and papa handed her a few gold coins.
"Anytime. " she smiled and waved us goodbye.
"Want me to carry that?" Thom said walking along next to me.
"I've got-"
"I'm not gonna ask." Henry grabbed the box out from under my arm and rested it on his shoulder with his hand supporting its bottom.
"I am perfectly capa-"
"Love, just let him carry it. You know hes never gonna let you carry it." Thom said poking my shoulder. I stuck my bottom lip out in a pout and mama and papa laughed a bit.
"Henry is a lot like you killian." Mama said looking at papa with a smile.
"And hope is just like her mother." Papa retorted back placing his signature smirk on his face. This was the way I liked my family. Laughing, having fun. Its the way I wanted it to stay.
__________________________________

Journey of a pirated princess. On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara