"Well, you can go home any time you want and you can go to school any day you want. You need some rest, kid. You're letting your body take much pain." I stand up, wincing as I did so and shrugged as he gave me the slip.

"I don't need rest, nurse. I can go to school tomorrow." I reached for my bag near me as the both of them sighed because of my stubbornness.

"I'll take him home. Thanks nurse Phi." He gave us a nod as we go out to the busy halls of the school.

"How long was I out?"

"Three hours, more or less." She said.

"What happened to your arms?" She asked, so out of the blue that got me a little defensive.

"It's none of your concern." I said over a hard tone.

"Well, it kind of is since I'm taking you home." She shrugged smugly, as if she's saying I don't really have a choice.

Yeah right.

"I'll walk home then - limp for that matter." I started to walk, limp away from her when she caught up to me and stood in front of me.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I won't ask about it. Just let me drop you home at least." She pleaded.

I nodded. The both of us walked to her car, not caring about the model but it looks really vintage that she repaired really nicely. I got inside the passenger seat and she drove us to my house.

The car ride was filled with awkward silence and a few directions being said, but other than that, she didn't ask anything about me, or just generally anything.

When she stopped in front of the house, I unbuckled my seatbelt and asked a question I've been meaning to ask.

"Why're you helping me?"

She turned to look at me, surprised that I talked to her first. She shrugged. "Just feel like helping you."

Anger. That's what I felt when she said those words. It's like she's helping me because she thinks I'm a charity work.

"Well, if that's how you feel, then don't help me at all. I'm not a charity work, Casey. I appreciate your help but it can stop from here." I said in a cold tone.

I got out of the car as quick as I could, leaving her in the car in hopes she won't follow me.

There's nothing more to expect since she really followed me. Again.

"I'm sorry."

A picture of myself looking helpless flashed through my mind but I pushed it away swiftly.

"You just reminded me of someone I'm really close to. I knew I had to help. We can be friends if you want, that way, it won't make you feel like I'm obligated to help you since I'm going to do it willingly." She put her hands in her jean pockets and I stared at her pale green orbs, searching for a hint of hesitation in them.

Yet I saw none.

She's really true and sincere.

"Give me time, Casey. Thanks for the ride." I said in a whisper.

I left her immediately, trying my best not to limp. To show my mom I'm completely fine but when I enter, I was met by the emptiness of the house.

I closed the door just as Casey drove off. I slid down, tucked my knees to my chest and putting my head in between them.

Right then and there, I cried.

I cried as as if I've never done it before.

I feel like I betrayed Lis just by thinking about letting Casey be my friend.

I cried on the way up the stairs, and cried myself to sleep again. With the thought of my perfect relationship with Lis.

- x -

A soft knock on my door was heard and I quickly wore a sweatshirt, wincing in pain as I do so.

"Honey are you still in there? You're late for school."

Debating whether to actually go to school or not, I thought why not?

I could get some time off.

I opened the door to see my mother looking concerned.

"I'm fine mom. I fainted yesterday in school and the nurse said it's over fatigue. He said I can take some time off school to rest." I tell her softly, not to break her heart again.

She nods understandably and kissed my forehead. "Okay honey. Let's get some breakfast after you clean yourself up okay? I'll go and cook." I kissed her cheek and she left for downstairs.

I closed the door and went straight to bath, quick to finish myself as I'm starving. I didn't eat last night due to my crying.

I went downstairs, wearing a loose jersey shorts and a hoodie. They smiled at me as if to say 'good morning'.

Our morning consisted of caffeine, pancakes and syrup.

Our lunch consisted of soda, chicken and rice.

All in all, it was a normal boring day. I slept through it all. Until something ruined it.