Chapter 9- Merida's POV

Late that night, once again, I snuck out to see Hiccup again. I hoped he wasn't gone yet. I didn't think he would leave with out saying goodbye. He once kidnapped me from a boat to say goodbye. Angus was running as fast as possible. He wasn't even getting tired. Maybe he didn't want to leave Toothless without saying goodbye.

We soon arived where Hiccup was hiding. He wasn't packing or anything. In fact he was leaning against Toothless with his eyes closed. He was smiling and humming a song I had never heard. He started to sing it quietly to himself, "And I will buy you rings of gold, even sing you poetry-" Toothless growled softly and moved his paws over his ears as if trying to block him out. As hard as I tired I couldn't hold in a laugh.

Hiccup's eyes shot open, "Merida!" He said happily. He got up and walked over to me. He helped me off of Angus even though I had got down by myself ever other time.

"That went horrible...I'm so so-" I was going to say sorry but he cut me off.

"It went great! He drank the tea, right?" He asked smiling.

I nodded slowly not exactly sure of what was going on. Hiccup picked me up and spun me around, "Then everything is and will go perfectly," he said putting me back down. I laughed but I was still confused, "I dont get it? Why is tea going to make everything better?" Hiccup took my hand and we sat by Toothless.

"So, I found this witch's cottage and she gave me a spell to-" My eyes widened when he said 'witch's cottage'. "I know! Crazy right? So-" This time I cut him off.

"You put that spell in my dad's tea!" I shook my head very fast. This was not happening again. No, no, no! "Hiccup, that was the witch's cottage I went to when my mum turned into a bear!" He didn't seem to think it was a problem, "But she's better now, right?" He asked.

"Yes. Did she tell you how to reverse the spell?" I asked panicked. Hiccup shook his head. "We have to go find her!" I got up and ran over to Angus. There was a roar from above. I didn't want to see what I did when I looked up. Dragons. I shot Hiccup a look. But he looked just as confused as I was. "They're not supposed to be here! At least not yet..." He said looking at the rainbow of the dragons flying by.

I igored him and got on Angus. We went off into the woods towards the castle. I saw dragons but no Vikings. They were usually with the Vikings...Angus was running so fast that when he stopped at the castle gates he almost threw me. I looked around at all of the dragons. They weren't attacking, they were just sitting there. Like they were waiting on something. Or someone...I got off of Angus and ran into the castle.

I ran for a while in the castle until I found my dad trying to get to the door. "Dad! Stop! You cant go out there, there are dragons." I stepped in front of him every time he tried to step past me. "I know! That's why I'm going." He pushed me aside and ran to the door. "No! You dont understand! They're after you!" I tried to yell but he wasn't listening. I had to follow him.

I ran outside to where he was fighting off dragons. I grabbed Angus who was starting to freak out over everything. I got him as close to the dragons as he would go. "Dad!" I yelled over all the chaos, "Follow me!" I hoped he heard me. Angus ran towards the forest.

I turned around and there he was following me. I know where I had to go from here.