Chapter 1- Merida's POV

I took Angus out to the forest to ride him. I didn't take my bow and arrows this time, though. I didn't feel like practicing. I had been feeling very sad the last year because I hadn't seen Hiccup. I know he's never coming for me but I still have dreams that he does. "Get those thoughts out of yer head, Merida." I told myself quietly. I had to stop thinking about him. I couldn't let myself believe he was coming for me. He wasn't.

Angus started to walk slower until he came to a stop. I looked down at him, "Angus?" He looked scared. I looked up to see if I could see what he was staring at. For a second I thought I saw a tail. A dragon tail. A dragon tail that belonged to Toothless...No. I shook my head. It couldn't be. "Come on, Angus." He started to walk again at a very slow pace.

"Angus! Please go a little faster!" I groaned. Suddenly, I was knocked off Angus. He would have landed on me if I hadn't moved out of the way. Angus got up and ran back to the castle. "No! Angus!" I called but he wouldn't come. I stared at him disappearing into the woods until I could no longer see him. I looked around a little scared. "H-Hello?" I asked. I didn't expect them to answer. Which they didn't.

Something ran past in the trees. I didn't want to stick around any longer. I got up and ran as fast as I could out of the woods. It took a while since I didn't have a horse but I didn't care. As long as I was away from there. I felt like it was following me so I ran faster. I finally got to the bridge and turned around to see if it was following me. It wasn't. It was like nothing was there at all but I knew something was following me. Possibly a dragon but I doubted it.

I slowly turned around to see Angus on the other side of the bridge waiting for me. I walked to him. He seemed like he wanted me to get to him quickly but I took my time.