I Can Still Stand (Valyria)

Start from the beginning

"Did you really think that I would be some damsel in distress?" I asked, furiously.

I went with the first thing that came to mind; snapping his neck. Now, I would say I didn't want to do it, but part of me wanting to watch the life leave his eyes for daring to threaten me. That part of me scared me, but was dominant too.

I placed my hands on the sides of his head, as he was still cowering. He brought the knife up, cutting my side, then brought it down on my thigh and left the blade in there. I screamed in pain as he laughed at me.

As I pulled up and turned around to get to the hall, forgetting that I was holding his head, I heard a loud snap. I realized what I had done and let his body drop to the ground. He was dead and I had killed him with my own hands.

My leg was bleeding badly, as was my side, and I did not have the strength to stand anymore. I fell back and hit the ground hard. Tears streamed down my face out of both pain and guilt, but I roared in pain as soon as I removed the dagger, making my wound bleed even more.

***Flashback Ended***

Oh god! Now I really was the monster that Mother always told me I was. He had been the first person that I had ever killed and even though I needed to do it, I felt bad. I had been so vicious and strong, that I could not believe it was me.

When I started to cry, I heard loud footsteps, as if someone was running down the hall. I was unsure of how I could hear it, but there was a table next to me and a knife sat on it, so I grabbed that. If someone else had come to kill me, I was not going down again. Not without a fight.

"Valyria, what is wrong?" Theon asked, coming into the infirmary, worry clear on his face. "You do not need a knife anymore. Guards are outside every entry of the infirmary. Lord Eddard and King Robert are furious and do not understand what happened."

"Can I leave or am I meant to be bedridden?" I asked Theon, swinging my legs out of the bed, even though it hurt.

"Maester Luwin said that you are healing inhumanly fast and then muttered something about a curse," Theon informed me. "Your wound is barely there now. Do you want some help?"

"I do not think I need any."

Somehow, even though I had been stabbed in the fucking leg, I could stand with minimal pain. Theon and I left the infirmary and went towards my chambers. When we reached the stairs, he took my arm, just in case.

Once I reached my chambers, Theon waited out the front for me. I got changed into thick breeches, strapped a dagger sheath to my good thigh and then put on a thick tunic, boiled leather and wore my coat. Then I made sure I had my sword, Snow, and two more daggers.

Before I exited my chambers, I checked to make sure that I still had a dagger under my pillow. I saw that I did and then looked outside. By the position of the sun, I could tell that it was just time for breakfast.

"How long have I been asleep for?" I asked Theon, as we headed towards the kennels to get Ice.

"Two days," Theon stated. "You had everyone worried. When Jon found you, you had already lost a lot of blood. Maester Luwin says that even though you healed too fast to be natural, if Hunter Baratheon had not of stemmed the bleeding of your wounds, you would have died from losing too much blood. I was so scared. So were your brothers, Arya and a few of the staff. Please, Valyria, never scare me like that again."

"I will do my best," I told him, smiling ruefully. "Then again, I had not been expecting to be stabbed. I just went outside to get some fresh air and to find somewhere quiet. Believe me, I have learned my lesson about not carrying a weapon at all times."