"Justin!" Brittany watched as her father walked up to a man in surf shorts (swim trunks, to most.) and a tank top. They shook hands and the man walked over to them. "Justin this is my wife, Caroline and my daughter Brittany." The man walked over to his mother and kissed her on the cheek and proceeded to hug her.

"It's very nice to finally meet you. Mark has told me all about you and your lovely daughter here." He walked over to Brittany and did the same thing to her as he did to her mom. She felt a little awkward, not knowing what to do with herself. "I'm sorry. I know you aren't used to that. It's a habit, I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable." He must've read the look on Brittany's face, not to mention her moms.

"Is that like... A thing here?" He smiled and nodded his head.

"Yes. It is. And it's a pretty big thing too. It's like, a sign of respect you could say? Kind of like how men shake hands when they meet. Women always greet each other the way I greeted you. Men will greet you like that as well. They'll just shake hands with other men." He held out his hand. "Let me take your bags for you. I'll put it in the truck bed."

When everything was put in the truck, they all got into the cab and left the airport. It took about thirty five minutes to get from the airport to their new home. Brittany's dad tried to explain as much as he could about their new home to her before they left Oklahoma. The town they were moving to was called Kamuela (kah-moo-ell-ahh.)

It was dark now, so she couldn't really see much. The air was nice and cool. Justin took their bags out of the truck and placed it on the ground. He shuffled around in his pocket and took out a ring of keys and handed them to Brittany's dad.

"Here you go man. Keys to your new place." He turned towards Brittany and her mom now. "Welcome to your new home."

------------------------------------

After two weeks, Brittany and her folks were finally settled in their new home. Her new little town was beautiful. Beautiful green pastures filled with horses, cows and the occasional herd of sheep. This place was what other people dreamed of seeing and here she was, blessed enough to be living in it.

It was a big day for Brittany. Her mom was taking her to her new high school. It was about a fifteen minute drive. There was no freeway here. No interstate. Just a simple two lane highway. It didn't bother her that the drive to school was sort of lengthy- that just meant that she had more time to stare out of the window and admire the natural beauty that Hawai'i was giving her.

"This is it." Her mom parked in the first spot she could find. "We can just walk. I'm sure you don't mind right?"

"I don't mind at all, mom."

"It's just up this way." They walked straight and Brittany saw the school's sign.

Honoka'a (ho-no-ka-ah) High and Intermediate School. Home of the Dragons.

Registration

7/20 & 7/21

Such an interesting mascot, she thought. At her old high school, they were known as the Redskins.

They made their way up to the library where registration was taking place. There wasn't any students yet which calmed the little bit of nerves Brittany had managed to build up on the walk from the car to the library. Brittany walked into the door way and to the table labled M-S. A small girl with brown hair was sitting straight up in a chair, tapping a couple pieces of paper in a verticsl manner to line them up neatly with each other.

"Hi! Last name?" She had a huge smile on her face. The kind of smile that read, I am so excited to be here.

"Pierce." The girl shuffled in the papers and took the third piece from the back and brought it to the front. She placed her finger at the top of the list and slowly made her way down the page.