X

Christian's POV

"You did well." Katie told me.

"No, I didn't." I spat.

"You shouldn't have fallen for her, Christian. You could have avoided this." She suggested.

"Yeah. I could have by, I don't know, not breaking her ankle." I hissed.

"Well—" I cut her off. I didn't want to hear anymore.

"Leave!" I growled. She huffed and walked away from me.

I was so scared to open the door. I was scared to see what was on the other side, but I deserve whatever it is. I deserve to feel the pain when she looks at me with her eyes filled with sadness and betrayal. I deserve the pain of whatever words she'll say to me. I deserve everything coming my way.

I opened the door to see her cuddled up in her hospital sheets. She sits up slowly and turns to me. Her eyes are instantly void of any emotion.

"Get out." She snapped.

"Please hear me out." I whispered as I got closer to her bed.

"Get out." She repeated.

"It was my sister's plan to do this. I was supposed to become your partner and then hurt you so you couldn't compete. I never thought I would fall for you. All my feelings were real. I promise. I love you, Ava."

Her eyes turned into a hard glare. "If you loved me, you wouldn't have done what you did." She hissed.

"I swear I love you. I really do. You have to believe me." I begged. I couldn't lose her. She showed me a world I haven't see before, and I can't live without it. I can't live without her.

"Get out." She repeated.

"Please, don't make me leave. Anything but that."

"I'm calling the nurse." She said before trying to find the remote.

I sighed. "Okay. I'll leave. I deserve that. I deserve much worse for what I did to you." I mumbled before turning around and walking out.

I leaned against the wall for a moment recollecting my thought. All of it was real for me. I never lied to her about how I felt.

3 Months Before

I watched out the window as Ava ran around the track.

"Thanks for doing this, Christian." Katie said.

"Of course, I would do anything for family, and besides, she's hot, so I'll enjoy it." I told her.

I smiled as she started following Mike inside the basketball court. My plan can start.

She looked really hot with water dripping down her shoulder and legs. Maybe I could even get lucky with her.

2.5 Months Before

Did she really just smack some whipped cream in my face? Oh she was going to get it.

As we fought each other with whipped cream, I realized this is the most fun I've had in years. I missed being goofy and fun, and she was bringing that side out right now.

She was different from what I thought she'd be. She wasn't like what my sister described at all. I thought she would be boring and annoying, but she was so interesting and fun. I actually looked forward to rehearsal because I wanted to joke around with her.

I laid next to her, panting. I looked toward her, and even though she had whipped cream everywhere, she was beautiful. She looked toward me, and we both bursted out laughing.