How it all began

Začít od začátku

"We'll see what you have to say when..." Another yawn interrupted her.

"Busy night I take it?" Bob the pump operator asked.

"One cardiac arrest, three car wrecks, and one unconscious patient." Dylan responded stretching.

"Don't forget the electrocution, and the police assist." Dakota deadpanned, eyes half closed as she savored her soda.

"Okay. Fine. I'll cut you some slack...but just this once. I don't want you thinking I'm going all soft now." Scott grinned. As they were talking the rest of B shift came in, and pored some hot coffee for themselves.

The twelve firefighters talked for another ten minute before the tones echoed throughout the station and B shift headed for the trucks, as A shift clocked out.

Dakota loaded her bedding and day bag into her jeep, and climbed in. She was more than ready to head home, and go back to bed.

************

Dakota's POV

I pulled into my long gravel driveway and followed it back into the woods. The early morning light shown through the trees only breaking through occasionally. I parked beside the green mini Coop that was parked beside the house. I climbed out, grabbing my stuff and headed inside through the side door. I dropped my bedding on floor to do later, and removed my black station boots and placed them by the door. Then removed my black EMS pants placing them directly into the washing machine. Leaving me in a pair of black spandex shorts and a gray tank top, after that I placed yesterday's clothing in the washing machine, then exited the laundry room.

Once inside the main living area I noticed that Avery wasn't up yet. I tiptoed upstairs and grabbed my towel that was hanging on a hook at the top. I glanced over and saw my house mate, Avery, still sleeping on the bottom bunk. I smiled to myself and headed to the bathroom for a shower.

As the shower heated up I removed my shorts, my gray tank top, my socks, and my underclothes and tossed them aside. Then I jumped into the warm shower. As the hot water hit my neck and back I sighed in content and started to relax. I stood under the water for a minute just enjoying the feel of it hitting me. Then I started to shampoo my hair and wash my body.

I'm so glad I don't have long hair anymore. Otherwise I would have to use conditioner to. I thought to myself, as I rinsed all the soap off of me.

I'd like to see you with long hair. I bet you would look pretty. I heard a male voice say. I screamed bloody murder and jumped looking around, but didn't see anything or anyone. Moments later the door burst open and in came a very disheveled Avery with a wooden baseball bat. This caused me to scream again, although a lot quieter.

"What's going on Kota?" Avery asked looking around with a confused look on her face.

"I..I don't know. I thought I heard a guy's voice. But...There is no one here." Avery looked around and nodded, "Nope. It's just the two of us here."

Well that was weird. I thought as Avery headed out the door.

What was weird? It sounded like the voice was coming from nearby, and I yelped, but there was no one else in the room.

Avery stuck her head back in with a confused look on her face.

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"The guy. I heard him again."

"Kota there is no one here other than us." Avery promised me.

I nodded, I'm probably just tired. I need more sleep, if I'm starting to hear things.