one

Living in an apartment complex can be tiring, with the frequent knowledge of the doings of your neighbor, especially if your walls are paper thin. From their sexual rendezvous, to their melancholy choice of music. Although it never really bothered me much, considering the person who I share the same wall with rarely ever played loud music or created any loud noises. Sometimes I even question if someone even lived in that apartment.

Our apartment building was placed at the edge of downtown Seattle, the rent is expensive but it's a lovely place to live in.

You wake up to have the water be the view, with the grand ferris wheel spinning slowly. The building itself is not broken down, it's actually pretty new. Although the price is on the higher end, my sister and I are always scramming to work for money at the last minute to pay rent. Calling more shifts, even doing one time jobs here and there.

The building is situated in between the KeyArena and the downtown, meaning it can be quite populated and rowdy when there's concerts and events. Regardless, I'd rather live here than anywhere else.

Currently, I was struggling to open the door, with both my hands carrying paper bags from grocery shopping. I knocked furiously on the door, hoping my sister would open up the door, but by the sounds of it she's sleeping. You can practically hear Beach House playing loudly, I guess you could say we were one of those neighbors who play loud music.

I was trying so hard to look for my keys, but could not find them anywhere.

I placed the groceries on the floor, knocking on the door furiously. I kicked it hoping it'll barge open.

"Need help?" He was wearing a typical band tee shirt, Nirvana, sporting a pair of black trousers. His face adorned with some dark ray-bans. Topped off with a cream fisherman cap, ends of curls poking at different places at the ends of the cap.

"Yes please, I don't know how but please help me," I laughed.

"You can come in through my window to yours, through the fire exit if you'd like," he offered, as he put in the key to his door.

"Yes, please, that would be lovely" I let out a groan, ready to pick up the grocer bags. Before he reached over and picked it up for me instead.

"Here let me get this," he grabbed both the grocery bags, before opening his front door.

"Sorry for the mess," the apartment had brown boxes all over the place, not sure if it's because he just moved in, or if he's moving out. I peeked over one of the boxes to find them filled with cd's and books.

The apartment itself looked more like a storage room, everything was cluttered and dusty. Boxes stacked on top of one another. With a blue sofa pushed against the wall, and in front of it was a coffee table, across was a shelf that has a flat screen tv in the middle. A PS4 console on the side.

"Do you know who the previous owner was?" I asked, thinking that he just moved here.

"I don't quite remember, it has been four years since I last saw the owner," he said, making his way to a room that most likely leads to the window.

"You've lived here for four years?" I asked.

"Yup, four lovely years," he said, popping the P. I nodded my head in response.

He opened the window, him going in first to the fire exit, still bringing the groceries. He held out his hand, as I took it hoping over to the other side. We walked not even three steps away till we reached my window.

"Here hold this real quick," handing me one of the bags, as he opened the window sliding it up in a swift movement. Once he was in, he took the stuff from me once again and helped me in. I let out a deep breath, muttering a thank you. Flashing him a genuine smile.

"How come I've never seen you before?" I asked, when he jumped back to the fire exit.

"I don't technically live here," he smiles.

"Oh alright, where then?" Asking as I remove my jacket and just throwing it on the bed.

"Oh I live on campus," he smiles once more.

"UW?" asking. He nods his head.

"See you around," he tips his hat, before disappearing to the other side. 

--------

Soo, I reread everything and there was some tiny little details that just didn't make sense so I will be editing and possibly rewriting some stuff so it makes more sense. Anyways, I hope you like it. hehe