He nodded. "Seems like a good starting place as any."

I smiled and stood up, Hank put on his jacket and we were ready to go check out the case.

———————————————————————

Hank inserted the keys into the ignition, and started up the car. The vehicle disliked the cold of early January, and refused to start the first time. I heard the lieutenant curse under his breath. On the second time, it started up. Then blew cold air out of the vents, making Hank curse again, this time more audible. He turned off the heat, and backed up.

"So, Connor, what's been so fucked up at Jericho that you disappeared for over a month?" The Lieutenant asked, a bit of annoyance to his tone.

"Well, for starters, we had to help wounded androids that survived. We took some functional and compatibility biocomponents and parts from androids that... weren't as fortunate in surviving the ordeal." I began.

"You took parts from dead androids? Why not just get some from cyberlife, or something?" Hank interrupted, glancing over at me, a face of confusion and a bit of disgust.

I nodded.

"It's not like we had much a choice, most of that happened right after the revolution." I mumbled, looking out the window at the passing city.

Snow still coated the ground, people in jackets and warm clothes walked the streets. Birds perched on telephone wires and leafless trees.

A nice change of scenery.

"So, after we met up at the Chicken Feed, what happened? You went off of the face of the earth." Hank asked.

I sighed, and faced forward again.

"Marcus needed more help back at Jericho. As I said, I spent my time there helping them recuperate. They had more members. It's harder to control, but now most of them have left to go be free and do their own things. It's nice, don't get me wrong. I can go back to this, without having to worry about what might happen while I'm away." I explained, glancing at Hank a few times while talking.

"I thought the boat blew up." Lieutenant said.

"Oh... right." I mumbled. "We found a small series of old abandoned buildings. If I remember correctly. I'm not sure."

"How the hell would you not know Connor? You've spent weeks there!" Hank asked.
[AN: Hanks calling me out on my lack of creativity BS for where Jericho would be since the boat is kinda... recked.]

I shrugged, looking back out the window. As I tried to think harder about what happened after a week or two at Jericho, I could feel my LED pulse red for a second.  Red text flashed over my vision, telling me there was an error, I ran a diagnostic.

0101001101101000011010010111010001110011_Memory_Error_ 0100011001110101011000110110101101100100
Cause: UNKNOWN solution: UNKNOWN

Huh...

I just brushed it off. I don't seem to be missing any memories, though recalling them from that time is difficult. Maybe it was just a glitch. I'll check again later, see if it worsens.

Hank cleared his throat, making me look over at him.

"You, uh, okay? Your thing was flashing colors again." He asked, sounding almost genuinely concerned.

"Oh! Yeah, I'm fine. I think. Just a memory issue. I'm pretty sure it's just a bug or something, because nothing actually appears to be wrong. Maybe one of my biocomponents are just... I don't know, acting up?" I answered, as we approached the scene.